Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where can I buy a 6 or 10m IEC mains cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Simonuk, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Simonuk

Simonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm looking to buy a long mains cable for my projector which is currently fixed in the ceiling. The mains cable supplied is only 1m-ish long and I dont fancy drilling an extension lead to the ceiling. Anyone know where I can buy a long IEC mains cable.

Thanks

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can buy the connector and some cable at lots of different places - try Maplins - and make a lead of any length you want in minutes.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    What's IEC? Is that like a kettle plug? I have a load of long PC cables. How long do you need as I could fire one off to FOC if I have one long enough.

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The IEC-320 type C13 (BS4491) line socket or Euroconnector is sometimes referred to as a 'kettle' connector - don't know why because it is used on just about every piece of mains operated equipment. why not call it a 'computer connector'

If these connectors are used on kettles they should be of the specially designated 'HOT' type

5. consciouspnm

consciouspnm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't think an IEC would fit a kettle, as a true 'Kettle' lead has a groove in it.