Where can Center Speaker go with fireplace & Articulated TV mount?

shmerls

We have a fireplace. Currently the TV is above it on a standard wall mount. The center speaker sits on the mantle below the TV.

I want to have the TV at a better height, more eye level. I see there are articulated wall mounts available, but there none have a Center Speaker rest so that both the TV and Center would pull out and down over the fireplace. Just the TV. So then, where would the center go? I can't be the first one with this question/issue

Thanks
Steven

Jester1066

I previously got one of these:

I used longer bolts and bolted this shelf to the same mounting holes used for the TV mount. The speaker then sits on the glass shelf beneath the TV and will move in unison with the direction of the TV.

shmerls

I previously got one of these:

I used longer bolts and bolted this shelf to the same mounting holes used for the TV mount. The speaker then sits on the glass shelf beneath the TV and will move in unison with the direction of the TV.
The shelf is exactly what I'm hoping to find. Not sure from their site how there mount works though. I found some that pull out towards you and then down in front of your fireplace. The Shelf looks like wall mounts with no pull out?

shmerls

I'm a little slow today. I get it. Yes this is PERFECT! You mount these shelves to your articulating wall mount and then create an articulating mount with a lower shelf for your speaker. I hadn't gotten far enough down the mounting rabbit hole. Thanks so much!

Now all I gotta do is re-snake a longer speaker wire and HDMI cable. It's never ending...

Jester1066

I'm a little slow today. I get it. Yes this is PERFECT! You mount these shelves to your articulating wall mount and then create an articulating mount with a lower shelf for your speaker. I hadn't gotten far enough down the mounting rabbit hole. Thanks so much!
Spot on mate...

I had my shelf bolted to my cantilever stand that rotated rather than pulled out, but the principle is the same. I also mounted it so the shelf was above the TV, rather than below it.

This is a picture of my old setup. I no longer have this TV. My new TV is wall mounted and the centre speaker is now on a cabinet below the TV. You should however see how the centre speaker would swivel in unison with the TV's position:

20200528_144912.jpg

shmerls

Nice! Amazon USA has it too. Now I gotta get back into installation mode, measure, see if the mount will clear the fireplace mantle and how will my pass though wires work that come from the left side of the wall behind the TV versus directly in the middle as these pulldowns show. Should be fine and still hidden. Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom