Where are you going on holiday in 2011?

Butlins Bognor this week, just as 200 people have been I'll with norovirus, thanks for ringing ahead and pre warning us butlins!!

I wondered why there's no salad bars, hand driers working and cleaners wiping posts down every 20 minutes.

Oh and the person next to our room appears to have it, funny that they told the BBC website all victims have left.

Anyway I'm not bitter my birthday week away is ruined :(

Bummer mate :thumbsdow

Maybe a bit of a stupid question this - but would anyone visit Egypt yet ?

I was going to book a long weekend there (for this weekend) to go and see the laser show at the pyramids at night...until I found out there were riots in the city last week. :rolleyes:

I don't do politics/news, so I'm unsure as to what the current situ is there ?

Edit: Sparkie just read your post - sorry to hear about your ruined week mate. :(

I'm glad you asked this; I'm looking to get away back end of September / October and Egypt was top of my destination list if there aren't any problems; particularly Sharm-El-Sheik. Anyone know if that's a bit better than the more central locations like Cairo?

Bummer mate :thumbsdow

Tell me about it.

Wondering whether to come home, what would people do? It's not much of a holiday with the threat of a nasty virus hanging over your head, and because they understandably don't tell you what's going on no one knows how bad it is.

Their press release states it's all fine and everyone's gone yet our neighbours have it!!

I could always go home and supplement my misery with the purchase of a shiny new toy (insert name here) :D

Cheers Sevlow. :thumbsup:

Jassco - wasn't Sharm El Sheikh where the trouble was before ? Protests, Hotels barricaded etc. ? (not sure :confused:)

Off to the Loire Valley in a week. Renting the upstairs of a châteaux. Think it might be boring though.

Also been to Prague, New York, and Oman in the last year. My wife likes holidays. Trying to get her to go back to Orlando in October so hoping that by going to boring old France next week, I might win some brownie points :)

I'm getting married in Vegas on 1st Oct, spending a week there with our friends who are coming over with us before we head off on a road trip to San Francisco via Death Valley, Yosemite, Carmel/Monterrey. :thumbsup:

Can't wait. We booked the most things back in early Jan before finally getting round to booking the wedding bit last night :D

That's exactly the holiday I have recently come back from (without the wedding bit :) )
The Vegas-Death Valley_+Yosemite bit is amazing - you staying in Death Valley itself? Furnace Creek Ranch by any chance?

Anyway, after my recent 16 night road trip in the US I'm about to book 5 nights in New York in August for my girlfriends 30th :smashin: Man, NY is expensive to stay in! Was almost tempted to do something different such as Cuba but she wants to go to New York and we only have a week this time so might as well - should be good :)

Then need to plane the next big holiday....thinking SA (with safari) followed by Maldives or Mauritius :D

Simon, I've always put off going on 'Safari' because I really thought I'd have to live in a tent - which is something I just ain't gonna do lol. :D

But that looks fantastic ! :eek: I bet it costs a small fortune mind ? What was the cost for your 4 nights of pleasure if you don't mind me asking ?

I did a safari in Kenya staying in the lodges in the national parks of East & West Tsavo. Not massive luxury but nice rooms and perfectly good enough (no tents :smashin: ). Wasn't massively expensive - think the 10 days split between Mombassa beach hotel and then 5 days safari was about £1200 each or so (fair few years ago so can't really remember).

Then need to plane the next big holiday....thinking SA (with safari) followed by Maldives or Mauritius :D

How about the Seychelles and SA? Seychelles was stage 2 of our honeymoon after Kenya, Mauritius was stage 3. Seychelles was absolute paradise, although we did stay in the Hilton.

Our tents were amazing. Especially peering out through the net on the last night and seeing an elephant's arse 6 inches from my face!

Who needs a safari?

I see that every night when I lift the covers up and look at the wife!!

I'm glad you asked this; I'm looking to get away back end of September / October and Egypt was top of my destination list if there aren't any problems; particularly Sharm-El-Sheik. Anyone know if that's a bit better than the more central locations like Cairo?

Sharm will be safe but I found it way too over the top, bit like Blackpool with lots of sunshine (I have nothing against Blackpool), just too many people and too many fast food places.

For a better experience try Taba. I went there in Jan 2010 and had a lovely time. Also did a trip to Petra in Jordan.

How about the Seychelles and SA? Seychelles was stage 2 of our honeymoon after Kenya, Mauritius was stage 3. Seychelles was absolute paradise, although we did stay in the Hilton.

Ah Seychelles - sounds good too. Basically any tropical island in the middle of nowhere for a week or so would be good :)

Sharm will be safe but I found it way too over the top, bit like Blackpool with lots of sunshine (I have nothing against Blackpool), just too many people and too many fast food places.

For a better experience try Taba. I went there in Jan 2010 and had a lovely time. Also did a trip to Petra in Jordan.

I agree about Sharm - went there last November and found it a bit boring and a bit too touristy - not much to do. The only good day we had was our day trip to Cairo and the pyramids.
If you are happy to just stay in the hotel and eat, drink and swim then it's fine but if you're looking for a bit of adventure and interesting things to do then I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyone else read Dom Jolly's book, the The Dark Tourist? About visiting some of the more "exciting" places like skiing in Iran or visiting North Korea and Chernobyl. I would love to do stuff like that.

Currently taking a lazy week of this week, been too Marwell yesterday and got some great pictures. July is my next holiday where I will be heading to the isle of wight with my fiancee for a week. If you never been I would highly recommend for a family or just two of you.

I agree about Sharm - went there last November and found it a bit boring and a bit too touristy - not much to do. The only good day we had was our day trip to Cairo and the pyramids.
If you are happy to just stay in the hotel and eat, drink and swim then it's fine but if you're looking for a bit of adventure and interesting things to do then I wouldn't recommend it.

Yeh, we did the same thing - went to Sharm and did a coach trip to Cairo for a few days , loved Cairo so much we went there for a week. It was amazing.

Off to the Loire Valley in a week. Renting the upstairs of a châteaux. Think it might be boring though.

My wife likes holidays. Trying to get her to go back to Orlando in October so hoping that by going to boring old France next week, I might win some brownie points :)

Is this a wind up :confused:

Because for many of us the idea of renting a chateau in the Loire Valley is as much heavenly as Orlando would be hell.

Ah Seychelles - sounds good too. Basically any tropical island in the middle of nowhere for a week or so would be good :)

The Seychelles is beautiful - if you ever get the chance, then stay at the North Island....the place is sublime. One of the nicest places we've stayed at. :thumbsup:

Im thinking about going to New York myself in a few months, but i have no idea where to start or how to go about sorting it out lol.
Truth be told people put me off with the scare storys but the wife wants to go and its our 10th wedding anniversary, anyone here been recently advise me:smashin:

DrPhil said:
We were in a tent in Kenya, but a hell of a tent. Governer's Camp in the Masai Mara, check it out.

Ooooo, we're going there for the first half of our honeymoon at end of July (followed by Mauritius.) How did you enjoy it? Any tips / recommendations?

We are also going to New York at the end of August for. Long weekend for. Friends wedding. :)

Clacton-on-sea for me :thumbsup:

Who needs fancy holidays when you live at a holiday resort all year round :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom