where are VGA ports located?

adey1986

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is probably going to be a stupid question but i'm looking to buy a crt monitor to go hi-def with xbox 360 and am wondering if vga ports are located on the rear of the monitor or only on the pc tower? Thanks

CRT monitors often have the vga lead permenantly fixed rather than having port on them, LCD's generally have port, though I have seen one with a fixed lead.
With the official xbox vga cable you get a vga gender changer to be able to connect to an inbuilt lead aswell as proper port.

What?! I've never seen a crt without a VGA port!

So yeah just pick up any decent crt and you can plug the 360 vga lead straight in.

Oh and about a year ago I bought a second hand 1920x1440 22" mitsubishi diamondtron off ebay. It was the best 50 quid I ever spent.:smashin:

None of CRTs that I have owned including some good CTX and Iiyama models nor the ones at work have had a VGA port. Instead they have had a hard-wired VGA cable with a Male VGA connector on the end.

All of my TFT monitors (including the cheap ones that only have VGA) have had VGA ports.

Cheers,

Nigel

So yeah just pick up any decent crt and you can plug the 360 vga lead straight in.

Oh and about a year ago I bought a second hand 1920x1440 22" mitsubishi diamondtron off ebay. It was the best 50 quid I ever spent.:smashin:

How strange, I've never seen a crt monitor with a vga port. :confused:

WHAT??? I've seen hundreds or both sorts and here's the selection criteria.

If I haven't got a cable, I find a CRT with just a port.

If the kit I've got has a VGA cable already plugged in, I find a CRT with a captive lead, no port.

I'd expect the games to look at it's best on a CRT, shame they occupies the space of an obese Labrador on your desk.

The two CRTs on my desk both have the standard 15 pin VGA and BNC connectors. So does my one at home. The only one without I've seen the the el-cheapo 14" I got with my first PC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom