Where are the wireless N Routers?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by englishquad, Mar 12, 2006.

1. englishquad

englishquad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When will we start to see wireless N Routers?? :mad:
    I'm thinking a getting a new router but really want to wait for the N's. The pre N's seem to have probs and... well... you may as well wait, but come!! on how long this is getting silly..:(

sorry for the rant...:rolleyes:

2. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I've just invested in a Pre-N and have had problems with it. Now it's working but I've had to set it as an access point to get it working without crashing every half hour. From what I hear the Belkin is the best of the Pre-N's (mine's a Netgear) but now I can see why it'll be worth waiting for the non-buggy finalised products to come out.

As for when N routers are coming out. You might want to check this article out. So it looks like the ‘n’ standard is nearly finalised, and there are products coming out based on this "nearly finalised" standard.

3. martin greaves

martin greaves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There are potential issues between compatability of the pre-N routers available now, and existing b/g routers :suicide: . The specs will not be finalised until this is resolved, and at least some manufacturers believe that existing pre-N routers may not be upgradable to the the final spec. Better to wait until the spec is finalised before investing.