Where are the Pans TX32LXD700 - slow boat from china ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by mikeyork, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mikeyork

mikeyork
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Pans TX32LXD700 well reviewed and I've seen one. Would like to buy one but no one seems to have any in stock. So does anyone know of any (yes I know they appear to be available on some net sites but get as far check out and they suddenly are not in stock yet)?
    Or is this model being replaced?
    Or are they on a slow boat from the East?
    Any thoughts - welcome
    Mike

2. chris_5252

chris_5252

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just noticed that Empire Direct have them back in stock. I would call them though just to make sure.

3. nsa_jamie

nsa_jamie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

I would wait for the replacement. Panasonic TC-32LZ800
    Supposed to have much better spec again and better black levels and even 4 HDMI.

Been told it will be available in May.

4. mikeyork

mikeyork
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks both
    Empire seem to have then but in fact say they are on order and are not clear about when (if) they might turn up!
    Did think a new version might be around (and on that boat) and see that these were shown at some consumer show. Not sure full HD works on 32 ins but may see what appears.
    Sony KDL32D3000 are in stock in various places at various prices. Would one of these be equally high quality - linked to say a Sony RDRHXD870B DVD/HDD which I'd buy rather than the one that would fit the Panasonic.

Any thoughts....?

Mike

5. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Do you know what the better specs are and what the price is likely to be?

I like the sound of better black levels!:smashin:

6. dammo qwirky

dammo qwirky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a word of warning if u r waiting on empire direct. the way they work is they wait til they have a backlog of orders then order in bulk. i spoke to them last week and was told that there were 335 orders already in and they were gonna be getting 350 delivered. i imagine that quote has been filled. u may well have a long wait on yer hands for the delivery if what i have read on store reviews is true. i was lucky to speak to an honest rep on their helpline.

7. RIG

RIG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just bought one from ED this afternoon over the phone. Said they had 3 in stock, will be delivered tomorrow. Got it confirmed by email, but obviously I won't know for sure until it arrives!

8. chris_5252

chris_5252

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I just rang ED this minute and they said they had 30 in their distribution centre in Bradford. But if you had the space I would be tempted with the 37LZD70...£5 cheaper.

9. dammo qwirky

dammo qwirky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rig

ill be very interested to see if that turns up. i asked earlier what would happen if i ordered one now, was told 7-10 days til they were in stock and another 7-10 days for delivery. other items i was told could be sent out not day but not this.

10. regishaunus

regishaunus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I too have been looking for one of these TVs for a few weeks. spent about an hour phoning round last Saturday- Laskeys, currys, digi direct, s&v etc. no one had any in stock, and didn't even know when the next lot was due in!

Almost given up hope when i checked Dixons.com. As was previously mentioned, all seems fine untill you go to add to basket. Only 3 hours before they were quoting no stock and no delivery due dates.

Imagine my supprise when i added to basket and it went to the payment stage! I took the opportunity to phone the company direct. The person at dixons was equally suprised that they did indeed, seem to have some stock. Not only that but they also psicematched Laskeys at £733, so all that remains is to await the arrival of my new 32" 700 series tomorrow afternoon:clap:

when i phoned again it seems that dixons sold the stock they had last Saturday in a couple of hours:eek:. All i can say is keep trying and eventually perserverence will pay off

Good luck:smashin:

11. mikeyork

mikeyork
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting - Empire Direct seem to give out mixed messages. When I called it appeared that none were in stock...So will be interesting if Rig gets one.
    My concern is that some firms - as dammo suggests - essentially stockpile orders and cash.
    Trouble with the 37LZD70 is that is very wide - for a 37. Saw one in JohnLewis in London. Did not seem as err deep in colours and smeared the a bit of the prog they were running. However, rubbish viewing environment.
    Dixons - where do I start... odd company Hope regishaunus is successful. Called then and as uncertain they even knew they might have once stocked the thing!
    I'll have another g on Saturday - that Sony is begining to look good..?
    Mike

12. nsa_jamie

nsa_jamie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

Hi,

Here is what I have so far.

Premium VIERA family: the 32-inch TC-32LZ800 and the 37-inch TC-37LZ800 both feature Motion Focus Technology, four HDMI sockets, VIERA Link, a PC input, BBE VIVA surround sound, adjustable backlight and extra menu controls and an improvement in black levels from the previous models.

Have just found out that they are available from May.
    Also a few companys i've spoken to have told me that the reason there are no TX-32LXD700's is bacuse they are making way for the newer model and don't want to be stuck with too many left in stock.

I was going to buy a LXD700 but now i'm going to wait for the replacement set.

Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

13. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks a lot for the info!

I really like the 32LXD700 but have a problem with clouding which I am having problems getting resolved!

I wish I had waited now as the newer model sounds really good.Can never win eh?!

Ah well maybe I will win some money on the lottery and get the new one in May. Wonder what the price will be?

14. RIG

RIG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, it didn't get delivered Friday as I just missed the cut-off time for next day, ED assured me it really does exist. I've got an Amtrack consignment note number that shows it will be delivered Monday. They could be sending me the wrong model though!

15. insomnee

insomnee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I never get an answer from anyone when I ring Empire Direct, it doesnt matter even on the time of day! :mad:

16. insomnee

insomnee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I wish us both well, thinking of waiting for that one too. Long time tho :suicide:

17. wotcha

wotcha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just got hold of the TX LXD700 from JL Welwyn today. It was the only one in stock, priced at £819.00. There are two in stock at Hi Spek St Albans @ £799.99 a price that JL were happy to match.

Been waiting for several weeks.