1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the G2-leds on my Cine-7?!?!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kris, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Call me stupid, but I just can't seem to find the three LEDs that need to be seen while adjusting the G2 level.
    I've opened the cover and looked everywhere on/in the projector. Do I need to open something more?
    My projector is mounted in the ceiling.

Could someone please guide me to their exact position (maybe a picture :))...

//Kris

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Whilst you are doing this switch the projector off incase your fingers slip to one of the boards some of which have some leathal voltages.

Open the main plastic cover by undo in the two black turn screws. (only need a 180 degree turn)
    You are now presented with the rear side of a batch of circuit boards. These baords are attached to a metal frame that swings open. At the back of this frame where the cover opened are two 7mm bolts that hold it in place. loosen them by a turn or two. This will allow the frame with the boards to open.

Inside you will see the three crt tubes. At the end of the tube are the black heat sinks for the end stage amplifiers. connected to these at the base are a set of thin yellow leads. If you follow these down to the big circuit board inside the guts of the projector the G2 LEDS are just above the connection (above is in nearer to the front of the projector. Looking down into the projector they are patially hidden by the green tube so you may have to move your head around a bit.

To adjust them. Go to the service menu and enter the G2 adjust menu. The Adjusters are on the red tube side of the metal frame that you opened to get to view the insides.
    There are two adjusters per colour the obvious ones are for electonic beam focus. The G2 are hidden by a sliding cover to prevent incorrect fiddling. Use a non metal screwdriver as the voltage can jump. Turn the adjuster untill the LED goes out.

This is the only menu that the LEDS will go out properly. When the projector is running normally with a video signal the G2 lights will go and off like a light show.

Its safe to run the projector with the cover open for about half an hour but any longer and the heat sinks may get too hot as the fans can't do thier work.

This proceedure will work equally well for the 708 and 701s models. as they are basically the same machine.

3. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a 1000.000.!

When I installed my projector I had the cover of for repainting. One evening we had a electrical failure for a couple of minutes. As my projector was set to start in running mode (instead of Stand-by) it fired up when the electricity was back. When I got down the following afternoon the PJ was running but the CRTs was not lit (as no source was active...)
    Could this have damaged my projector as the cover was of?
    And in that case, what could have been damaged and how would I see it?

Thanks again!!

//Kris

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The Cine 7 has an over temperature sensor it should shut down before damage is done.

Running with the cover off is fine, (except for the 30K volts) running the the metal cage open not so clever but just plain air convection should still make it ok.

5. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too bad you're not living in Sweden! I would gladely pay you anything (almost...) to help me set up my PJ...

Thanks for all the support and help!

//Kris

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    All that jumping in and out of hot and cold water and thrashing each other with branches in the nude it is tempting.

(mind you I am building a list of people I'd like to thrash with a stick....... nude or not)
    (them not me)

Kris keep the questions coming happy to help others will learn too.