• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where are free view channels ??

Darko

I have a free view box in my bedroom and i pick up dave +1 and virgin +1 plus a multitude of others, the question is why dont i get them on my tiscali box they are free view after all so shouldnt my tiscali box pick them up too??

Cheers Darko

MK_Chris

Standard Member
Hi Darko,

Tiscali TV isn't a Freeview service and licence its channels from the channel operators under commercial distribution agreements. Some channels are taken from DTT to complement the distribution down the phone line to allow customers the opportunity to watch and record two or more channel simultaneously on Tiscali+.

Darko

in a nut shell that pretty much sucs:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nevermind bud maybe soon tiscali will start moving forward with the rest of the digital/hd world:smashin:

Darko

MK_Brett

Standard Member
I think you've got to stop thinking of TTV as having a Freeview tuner. It has a DTT tuner to assist in the delivery and recording of some channels :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom