where are cheap sopranos box sets?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Looking for sopanos box sets region 2 or 1, most places seem to be around £44-£54. has anyone got any special offers on at the momment.

Keith Fern

I

INORAN

Has anyone ever bought these complete season sets from Movietyme/Play/CD WOW? Were you stuck with any customs charges?

Thanks,

~Chris

Whiting

Novice Member
I picked up both series 1 and series 2 boxsets last week in HMV.

Both were reduced to £39.99.

dvdpricecheck did list the R4 version for £30-ish but I was prepared to pay the extra to get my paws on them then and there :)

-- Barry

S

Splinter

I've got series 1 and 2 so far from Cd-wow, they're the cheapest Region 1s i've seen. Had no customs with them either. Just make sure for series one and two that you go for region 1.

The last I saw cd-wow.com were selling the R1 versions cheap...... Check them out first but wherever you go in the end, make sure you buy R1

P

Pathfinder

Originally posted by INORAN
Has anyone ever bought these complete season sets from Movietyme/Play/CD WOW? Were you stuck with any customs charges?

Thanks,

~Chris
Bought season 3 from Playcentric.com for $63.71 in early October. No customs charge. Credit card billed for £42.59.

Hope this helps

B

bobbles

Planet DVD have all 3 for 27.50 ish each inc P&P

I picked up 1 and 2 in a HMV sale buying the disks separately in a 2 for 1 sale which worked out at £39 per season

I bought the R1 Season 3 from CD-WOW for £45

the R1 has a few advantages over the R2
4 disk boxset in a nice box rather than 6 separates in cheapo boxes and DD5.1

I must admit i was very unsure about buying boxsets from importer sites, i thought customs charges were a certainty

however, despite ordering quite a lot of boxsets from various importer sites i have never been charged

i have got Band of Bros coming from Devoted soon though so i reckon i'm due to be charged but even with customs charges it still works out cheaper than here

:D

I

INORAN

Originally posted by Pathfinder
Bought season 3 from Playcentric.com for $63.71 in early October. No customs charge. Credit card billed for £42.59.

Hope this helps
Very much thanks. :)

I've wanted to get the R1 sets for a while but I've always been worried about customs. Guess I'll give it a try now.

~Chris

G

graham_ew

R1 season 1 & 2 are also in widesrceen 1:1.85 anamorphic unlike the 4:3 R2 efforts

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your input guys.

Ordered season 2 region 2 from HMV @£39.99 + £3 postage on Sunday it arrived this morning (Tues) safe and well.

If I decide to get series 1 may get region 1 for widescreen and dd

Keith Fern

michaelm

Banned
Picked up S3 R1 on Movietyme's Special Offers forum for £39.99, usually £52.99.