where are cheap sopranos box sets?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Looking for sopanos box sets region 2 or 1, most places seem to be around £44-£54. has anyone got any special offers on at the momment.

Keith Fern

I

INORAN

Has anyone ever bought these complete season sets from Movietyme/Play/CD WOW? Were you stuck with any customs charges?

Thanks,

~Chris

Whiting

Novice Member
I picked up both series 1 and series 2 boxsets last week in HMV.

Both were reduced to £39.99.

dvdpricecheck did list the R4 version for £30-ish but I was prepared to pay the extra to get my paws on them then and there :)

-- Barry

S

Splinter

I've got series 1 and 2 so far from Cd-wow, they're the cheapest Region 1s i've seen. Had no customs with them either. Just make sure for series one and two that you go for region 1.

The last I saw cd-wow.com were selling the R1 versions cheap...... Check them out first but wherever you go in the end, make sure you buy R1

P

Pathfinder

Originally posted by INORAN
Has anyone ever bought these complete season sets from Movietyme/Play/CD WOW? Were you stuck with any customs charges?

Thanks,

~Chris

Bought season 3 from Playcentric.com for $63.71 in early October. No customs charge. Credit card billed for £42.59.

Hope this helps

B

bobbles

Planet DVD have all 3 for 27.50 ish each inc P&P

I picked up 1 and 2 in a HMV sale buying the disks separately in a 2 for 1 sale which worked out at £39 per season

I bought the R1 Season 3 from CD-WOW for £45

the R1 has a few advantages over the R2
4 disk boxset in a nice box rather than 6 separates in cheapo boxes and DD5.1

I must admit i was very unsure about buying boxsets from importer sites, i thought customs charges were a certainty

however, despite ordering quite a lot of boxsets from various importer sites i have never been charged

i have got Band of Bros coming from Devoted soon though so i reckon i'm due to be charged but even with customs charges it still works out cheaper than here

:D

I

INORAN

Originally posted by Pathfinder
Bought season 3 from Playcentric.com for $63.71 in early October. No customs charge. Credit card billed for £42.59.

Hope this helps

Very much thanks. :)

I've wanted to get the R1 sets for a while but I've always been worried about customs. Guess I'll give it a try now.

~Chris

G

graham_ew

R1 season 1 & 2 are also in widesrceen 1:1.85 anamorphic unlike the 4:3 R2 efforts

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your input guys.

Ordered season 2 region 2 from HMV @£39.99 + £3 postage on Sunday it arrived this morning (Tues) safe and well.

If I decide to get series 1 may get region 1 for widescreen and dd

Keith Fern

michaelm

Banned
Picked up S3 R1 on Movietyme's Special Offers forum for £39.99, usually £52.99.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom