Where are all the "affordable" processors?

That's actually one of the things I like about it. Give me phase control and PEQ over the full range and I'll be happy.

Agreed about support long term, but if there are no major issues that prevent you doing what you need to do, what do you need support for?

I suppose at the moment I only have subwoofer eq with antimode so 7.0 channels are striaght through.

What if a bug is found and they just never release any fixes?

Scan info on spec like RCA and XLR pre out voltage and the

I'd like to see amir.to test to see if a anything is broke. Also if auto eq is broke also.

I don't have tools or skills to eq myself. Maybe if it had feedback ie saves results and graphs onto usb stick you can then post these images and get help what filters.to adjust and where.

I suppose at the moment I only have subwoofer eq with antimode so 7.0 channels are striaght through.

What if a bug is found and they just never release any fixes?

Scan info on spec like RCA and XLR pre out voltage and the

I'd like to see amir.to test to see if a anything is broke. Also if auto eq is broke also.

I don't have tools or skills to eq myself. Maybe if it had feedback ie saves results and graphs onto usb stick you can then post these images and get help what filters.to adjust and where.

Yup, I get it, manual EQ isn't for everyone. They're saving a bunch of money in licensing costs is my guess, which helps to keep the cost down. Antimode/minidsp is always an option with subs as well.

If a bug is found but it's in a function you never use, does it matter? I get your point and if there's a bug where the centre channel doesn't play and they don't fix it, that's a problem. But if there's a bug with DAB or playback from USB, that wouldn't be a showstopper for me. I appreciate it might for others though.

We'll have to see if it actually comes out but for someone looking for affordable processors (which is the topic of the thread) it has to be on the table. It's almost half the price of the next available competitor.

Lacks auro3d?

It's not a particularly long list of movies and nothing last year: Auro 11.1 - Wikipedia
Probably dropping one of the least popular formats to save on licensing costs again.

Not a criticism but you have a very specific and comprehensive list of requirements that will need to be met for you to upgrade from your Lexicon. You want every format supported, no bugs, cheap (ish), hardware and software upgrade path, from a major manufacturer, and it to measure great on ASR. I don't know you're ever going to be able to upgrade.

You should just buy a Trinnov!

It's not a particularly long list of movies and nothing last year: Auro 11.1 - Wikipedia
Probably dropping one of the least popular formats to save on licensing costs again.

Not a criticism but you have a very specific and comprehensive list of requirements that will need to be met for you to upgrade from your Lexicon. You want every format supported, no bugs, cheap (ish), hardware and software upgrade path, from a major manufacturer, and it to measure great on ASR. I don't know you're ever going to be able to upgrade.

You should just buy a Trinnov!
I also like how simple logic 7 is it has music and film modes, I don't need to faff around selecting right DSP mode

Thanks I do have half an eye on a certified refub XMC-1. Then I saw that the version of Dirac will only run on 2 legacy versions of MacOS.... there’s always something!
Yes; read that too; never had a mac - too exxy for this neophyte ;) but saw a post once that said you could emulate a pc with a bootcamp program ; found this;
The xmc1 to get[ if your lucky that is] is the original with the hdmi2.0b board as it was the most reliable [ it had a very good analog devices hdmi switching router they later took out ]- a very clean hdmi passthrough [no silly deinterlacing or scaling transcoding your signal like others ..]

Yes; read that too; never had a mac - too exxy for this neophyte ;) but saw a post once that said you could emulate a pc with a bootcamp program ; found this;
The xmc1 to get[ if your lucky that is] is the original with the hdmi2.0b board as it was the most reliable [ it had a very good analog devices hdmi switching router they later took out ]- a very clean hdmi passthrough [no silly deinterlacing or scaling transcoding your signal like others ..]
Overall it sounds like a whole new minefield to contend with, when I’ve just sussed out where all the mines are in the Arcam AVR minefield and how to avoid them.
Plus having experienced how much better Dirac v2 and now v3 are, I’m not sure I want to go back to v1 (it is very necessary in my room).

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom