Where are all the 2021 TVs?

RobMcM

Is it just me or are the 2021 TVs taking ages to release, or at least to get reviewed?

I'm concerned because I will want need to buy a new TV when we move house, which is hopefully going to be towards the end of June. I won't know exactly what screen size to go for until we have moved and can work out exactly where furniture etc will be going, but don't want to be caught with only (expensive) 2021 models available and no stock left of (cheaper, just as good for me) 2020 models like the Samsung Q80T.

Rock and a hard place?

vickster

Distinguished Member
New models will be much more expensive until Black Friday while 2020 models are near the bottom of their price cycle. There may or may not be 2020 TVs left...so it’s a gamble.
If you buy now from Costco, you can return up to 90 days later, can’t even guess on size (haven’t you seen the new house?)

dts

Distinguished Member
Have people been asleep for the last year?? 🤣🤣

RobMcM

New models will be much more expensive until Black Friday while 2020 models are near the bottom of their price cycle. There may or may not be 2020 TVs left...so it’s a gamble.
If you buy now from Costco, you can return up to 90 days later, can’t even guess on size (haven’t you seen the new house?)
Yeah of course we've seen the new house, but until we know exactly where everything is going to go I can't commit to a screen size. And because we are moving from somewhere with no space at all we have nowhere to store a TV until we move... plus we don't have a completion date, so this is premature speculation at the moment. Was just curious, so thanks for the response.

dts

Distinguished Member
Likewise, thanks for the response. Helpful stuff.
Your very welcome....and I haven't been asleep for the last year and a bit!

RobMcM

Your very welcome....and I haven't been asleep for the last year and a bit!
I guess I was asking when they are likely to arrive on the market. Or are the there already? I can’t see reviews of the 2021 models out there - there’s none of the new Samsung range reviewed on here that I can see - and I was simply asking a knowledgeable community when they are likely to arrive.

I don’t think there was any need for you to be disparaging in your response - it’s quite out of character for what has always been a friendly, helpful forum for questions regardless of experience and familiarity with the market. Guess that doesn’t apply to everyone here.

vickster

Distinguished Member
There are some out already. The guides on here don’t really come out until Black Friday as prices are so high on new models, so poor value

archie2000

I guess I was asking when they are likely to arrive on the market. Or are the there already? I can’t see reviews of the 2021 models out there - there’s none of the new Samsung range reviewed on here that I can see - and I was simply asking a knowledgeable community when they are likely to arrive.

I don’t think there was any need for you to be disparaging in your response - it’s quite out of character for what has always been a friendly, helpful forum for questions regardless of experience and familiarity with the market. Guess that doesn’t apply to everyone here.

There are plenty of reviews out there for the 2021 Samsung range if you Google them.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom