Where and what to place above existing 5.1 wall mounted kef eggs for atmos

daveydw

I am looking for some advice on speaker placement for atmos
I have bought a sony strdn1080 av I currently have a 5.1 keg egg system wall mounted as in attached pic
Can I place speakers at height above my front L/R to create an atmos effect system as ceiling speakers are out of the equation and what speakers would be best.
Thanks
20191019_124607.jpg

Last edited:

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I would look at placing a pair of Kef T-101 speakers on the ceiling for Atmos duties so you can enjoy Atmos correctly. It seems that many people are enjoying them being used in this fashion. For placement follow the Dolby Atmos .2 recommended positioning and for the cabling, you could look at some ultra thin speaker cabling like QED Micro which is very easy to conceal and is also the ideal width for the speaker inputs on the T-101 speakers

daveydw

I would look at placing a pair of Kef T-101 speakers on the ceiling for Atmos duties so you can enjoy Atmos correctly. It seems that many people are enjoying them being used in this fashion. For placement follow the Dolby Atmos .2 recommended positioning and for the cabling, you could look at some ultra thin speaker cabling like QED Micro which is very easy to conceal and is also the ideal width for the speaker inputs on the T-101 speakers
Thanks is there any way to mount speakers at height above the front ones

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Yeah, they will work fine on the wall's too, but this will mean they're in the wrong place to give you "Proper Atmos" as they will act more like front heights as (to be truthful) many people are using with an array of different speakers. But if you are wanting on-wall Atmos speakers which will direct the sound to the correct place, I'd say look at something like the Dali Alteco C-1 speakers as these will allow a little better direction to the seating. You could also look for another pair of Kef Eggs and angle them in the same way

daveydw

Yeah, they will work fine on the wall's too, but this will mean they're in the wrong place to give you "Proper Atmos" as they will act more like front heights as (to be truthful) many people are using with an array of different speakers. But if you are wanting on-wall Atmos speakers which will direct the sound to the correct place, I'd say look at something like the Dali Alteco C-1 speakers as these will allow a little better direction to the seating. You could also look for another pair of Kef Eggs and angle them in the same way
Thanks