When you can choose between digital and analogue ..... ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DennyL, Apr 28, 2005.

1. DennyL

DennyL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Which do you choose?

I ask because I have found since I've had Freeview (Humax box) that I have many more problems than I ever did using a good old aerial on the roof.

The problems I have with Freeview, which I never used to have, include:-

a) reception problem such as no sound or a channel not working, requiring a re-boot of the Freeview box. I would say I re-boot the box about once a week.

2) Lip-synch problems, not usually caused by a re-boot. This problem is permanent for me on Channel 5.

3) Programme guide empty of information (OK, I know analogue doesn't have a guide).

4) Sound problems, such as crackles, spits, and high-frequency bursts.

If I was going on holiday for a fortnight and wanted to record programmes in my absence, I would have much more confidence if I could set the recording to be from the old analogue system.

All in all, for me Freeview is a bit like the wonderful world of Windows, every day presents a new challenge.

I wonder whether anyone else feels as I do about it?

2. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you have some serious reception issues (although I believe the lip-sync problem is a Humax-specific one). Have you sought a professional's advice regarding your aerial? If there's no improvement to be made there, it looks like you'll just have to wait for analogue switch-off.

Alternatively, you could buy yourself a Tivo and use good old analogue, or maybe combine it with Sky's Freesat service.