When would be the best time to sell?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27989

So I've got by a stroke of luck two available, and want to sell one....I'm thinking of doing an auction either this Friday or next Friday 22/10. When do you think the most gain could be had?

Oh and please behave like adults and keep it on topic :smashin:

So I've got by a stroke of luck two available, and want to sell one....I'm thinking of doing an auction either this Friday or next Friday 22/10. When do you think the most gain could be had?

Oh and please behave like adults and keep it on topic :smashin:

If your thinking of doing an auction then keep it to yourself. These kind of threads only cause arguments. I wouldnt be looking for advice in here!

Right now.

There's more stock due in woolies, virgin, game, argos and the supermarkets on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If it's decent sized deliveries prices on ebay will plummet.

how about i save you all the hassle and take it off your hands for retial price :)

As said above supermarkets etc are due in on thursday and I have allready noticed the fleabay prices plummiting. The first one i saw sold on there went for £530 and now going for as little as £250.

Dont get caught with 2 ;) Im here to help lol

Martin

Right now.

There's more stock due in woolies, virgin, game, argos and the supermarkets on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If it's decent sized deliveries prices on ebay will plummet.

Ferris - is this true?
Cheers.

If your thinking of doing an auction then keep it to yourself. These kind of threads only cause arguments. I wouldnt be looking for advice in here!

well im glad i didnt have to be the first to say it, cause he clearly wants to make the most profit from it and people like that make me feel sick.

it takes supply and demand to a new extreme when you are artificially creating demand by taking available supplies off the market to sell at 200%+ markup

and as for stores getting stock later this week, yes its true, they are due in around friday along with official component cables :thumbsup:

If you have 2 to sell I would put one on a 3 day auction Monday 18th and another on Tuesday

No point launching a auction to end on the 22nd Dec as you haven't a chance in hell to get the delivery to the winner in time for Crimbo

I dont think this guy is necessarily doing anything wrong, I know people are angry at ebay sellers, however as long as the reserve is low and the shipping cost is normal (i.e a completely open auction) the item will find its own level. I am only angry at ebay sellers who con or artificially pump up their price.

FIRSTLY i must add that this news of more wiis coming in on friday is hardly true at all!

Most deliveries happened today at supermarkets and were gone within seconds. some stores will be getting in like 5-6 consoles each on thurs/fri but then those are onyl for preordered customers, and that too for people who preordered 1-2 months ago.

All wiis will ship in now only after christmas so dont expect to get one from a store before then.

Secondly, i have to say that i also agree with this topic about ebay. You have to be stupid not to sell them and make money, either that or ur stupidly rich and dont need the extra money.
But even then i am against people who have stacks of wiis in there house just going on ebay one after the other. But its ok for normal people to sell like 2-3 consoles atleast thats how i think of it.
The people with stacks of them are most likely business people who do this type of trading on a regular basis, i think ebay should limit the amount of wiis u are allowed to sell per account like say a max of 3 consoles per account.

Thirdly, i sold one on ebay today and i was more then happy although i only got £310 for it and not the usual £400+, the reason why i was most happy is because i sold it to a man who wanted to buy it for his son, he came over and picked it up with cash in hand. And let me tell you he was soo happy to get one, he seemed to be jumping with joy when i handed it to him and couldnt stop thanking me for making his families christmas great!! He said the price was only a small thing compared to the satisfaction.
This also made me feel very happy, to know that i made someone else happy and at the same time made a small profit on it.

Its now making me look for more wiis to purchase :D although i must add they have become impossible to get hold of now without a preorder, and i had cancelled 2 preorder before launch (play and shopto) :(

I've no normal problem with Ebay and I actually try to make a small profit myself there occasionally.
The only problem I've got with the current situation is that it appears that quite a high percentage of available consoles are being sold not to people that want them but to be resold.

Whilst this is understandable behavoir it's actually creating the exaggerated price and actually causing higher demand than probably would exist. I feel slightly sorry for the children of all ages!

A friend of mine just purchased one from a small retailer who had managed to get 4, he charged £320.

Steve

Thanks for the tips and the constructive comments. I did actually ask around people I knew with children, as did my wife at my daughters school...I only found one person with interest, but as they already explained the situation to "little Johno" they weren't to fussed to get one before Christmas....

I was intending to run a one day auction, though 3 day sounds like a good tip as well. With the finishing day on Friday (as I tend to work from home, so people are welcome to collect). I'm not looking for any silly reserves, I will do a very simple RRP + Ebay costs and see where the market value will take it....

i was flamed pretty badly week ago for dairng to sell my pre ordered one on ebay, but i am agaisnt peopel who have gotten 20 or so all from different retialer,s but theres no way tos top it really.

Plus the prices on ebay are very erratic, and arent making much sence at the mo, so theres an element of risk for the ebayers, granted tey all seem to be goign for more than rrp though.

I just wish people who have 1 / 2 would stop hunting the rest to put on ebay and give us large older children a chance.

Good luck with your sale anyway, I'll probably be watching it!:D

Steve.

I've said this before - nobody is forced to buy from ebay, its just the law of economics, prices of goods are dictated by what people are prepared to pay for them.

It is unrealistic to view the world through rose-tinted spectacles, even more so if you think you are hard done by because you didnt get a pre-order - if somebody has a Wii to sell and want to put it on ebay it is quite evident that they get flamed on these Forums.

But its simple, sometimes when people have something to sell the want to get as much for it as they can. Call them money grabbing or otherwise, but take off the rose-tints and get real...the World is a harsh and nasty place.

I had two pre-orders, one from Play and one from Gamestation. I sold my spare to a close colleague at work.....for the retail price. It doesnt make me a good samaritan or otherwise, I'd just promised him a few months agoi that he could have my spare if I ended up with one.

There it is.

I just wish people who have 1 / 2 would stop hunting the rest to put on ebay and give us large older children a chance.

:rotfl: I promise I am not hunting to buy anymore...I've got mine now.....Just hunting for a component cable, although I've got one on pre-order I do want it earlier...So I probably will have to pay for it as well :D

IMHO If you make the effort and stand around for 6+ hours for a release date or book several pre orders knowing that something is in demand and that you can make a small profit then good on you, most of us on here are gamers and not all of us can afford the high price tag games that the UK charges compared to Asia / USA so 9 times out of 10 im sure the money thats generated from these sales would go straight back into the developers / manufacturers pocket anyway

As for retailers big or small charging a higher SSP thats a whole different ball game

I was intending to run a one day auction, though 3 day sounds like a good tip as well. With the finishing day on Friday (as I tend to work from home, so people are welcome to collect). I'm not looking for any silly reserves, I will do a very simple RRP + Ebay costs and see where the market value will take it....

i listed mine on launch day - 3 day auction 99p no reserve. went for £320 plus delivery.

All wiis will ship in now only after christmas so dont expect to get one from a store before then.

Sorry, you're wrong. A number of shops are deffinately getting deliveries before christmas. Not for preorders or existing orders. If you walk into the shop at the right time you will be able to buy one.

Virgin for example haven't taken pre orders. First come first served on their stock.

Argos- deffinately getting more in before christmas, it's on their site.

As you said a lot of supermarkets got more stock today but there are still more due tomorrow, friday and saturday. Depends when each individual store gets their deliveries. LOADS of the stores didn't get them today.

Oh and I love how you feel good about yourself for ripping off someone who needed a console for their kid :) Fair play to you making some money of selling the wii but I wouldn't kid yourself that your doing anyone any favours. The shortage is only because people have bought them up to sell on.

My little one really would have liked one for crimbo, its his 3rd christmas (nearly 4 years old) and its the year he has really started to understand it all (well what he wants lol). I was the one who had to tell him that he might not be getting a Wii and he got all upset and started to say that he had been a really good boy sob sob. I will still try to get him one but not holding out any hope. woo hoo roll on the christmas tears :) .

The problem with Ebay you can never tell one could go for £350 then the next for £280 a lot depends on your feedback as well, also on the stock situaution and rumours. If there is a lot of auctions ending at the same time this will also influence it. I will be giving my daughter a GC this christmas as there is no way in hell i would trust her with a Wii. A GC is an ideal stop over and you can play most of the games when you do get the Wii after christmas

Thirdly, i sold one on ebay today and i was more then happy although i only got £310 for it and not the usual £400+, the reason why i was most happy is because i sold it to a man who wanted to buy it for his son, he came over and picked it up with cash in hand. And let me tell you he was soo happy to get one, he seemed to be jumping with joy when i handed it to him and couldnt stop thanking me for making his families christmas great!! He said the price was only a small thing compared to the satisfaction.
This also made me feel very happy, to know that i made someone else happy and at the same time made a small profit on it.
I'm sure the man you ripped off would have been even more happier to have been able to buy the Wii you bagged from a store for £179! The fact you've already admitted in another thread you've got 3 consoles shows you only bought them to make some money. :nono:

FIRSTLY i must add that this news of more wiis coming in on friday is hardly true at all!

Most deliveries happened today at supermarkets and were gone within seconds. some stores will be getting in like 5-6 consoles each on thurs/fri but then those are onyl for preordered customers, and that too for people who preordered 1-2 months ago.

Secondly, i have to say that i also agree with this topic about ebay. You have to be stupid not to sell them and make money, either that or ur stupidly rich and dont need the extra money.
But even then i am against people who have stacks of wiis in there house just going on ebay one after the other. But its ok for normal people to sell like 2-3 consoles atleast thats how i think of it.
The people with stacks of them are most likely business people who do this type of trading on a regular basis, i think ebay should limit the amount of wiis u are allowed to sell per account like say a max of 3 consoles per account.

Its now making me look for more wiis to purchase :D although i must add they have become impossible to get hold of now without a preorder, and i had cancelled 2 preorder before launch (play and shopto) :(

Utter tosh. I walked into GAME Plymouth today and bought one without preordering. The assistant said they had about 10 units not collected and I guess they are drip feeding them out to customers. So much for the preorders only being kept until midday Sunday before being sold on.

All I did was ask politely...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom