1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will we get......

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Jul 4, 2001.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    Cheaper DVDs

Im not that fussy about new releases of modern films but I do object to paying £15 or more for a film which has been on DVD for over 12 months and was a good few years old then !

When will the budget labels start producing cheaper more popular films ?

Warner have had a go so is it not time a few others started ?

Also what about extra free DVDs ? of the hundreds of titles I have I have probably only watched the extras on a handful !

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Duncan,

If you want frill-free, bare-bones, no- extras-included-here DVd's, all you need to do is look at the majority of Region 2 DVD's, and I'm sure you'll find plenty to delight you! :D :D :D

Pooch

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    Yeah but you are still paying over the odds !!!

Im after some of those films ( espescially 80s classics ) that are not THAT deserving of extras and also a full price tag !!

Im no big extras fan anyway but tend to get R1 cos of the earlier release dates.

I have a fair few R2 titles which I got in sales and am more than happy with even without extras.

5.1 ( dd or dts ) is more important than extras, it is for the reason of DTS I will get R1 Family Man else I would probably have gone for the R2 verison which I can get for just under £13