1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will the Philips 37PF9986 come down in price?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jasmer, Feb 16, 2005.

1. jasmer

jasmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I have only been involved in the lcd / plasma world for a couple of days and was wondering if the more experienced :lesson: (on matters of lcd prices) could answer this:

Based on past pricing trends, when do you think the Philips 37PF9986 come down in price :confused: ? They cauurenty retail at approx £2500 and I would just love to grab one at £2000!!

Interested to hear opinions of whether it's worth waiting or not!

Thanks in advance!

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Takes about a year to come down that much - basically once the retailers get a whiff of the next new model (with "Ambilight 2" and other goodies). The 9986 range appeared about May last year, give or take a recall hiccup. The 37" lagged behind into the Summer (and was even omitted from the 2004-5 catalogue for some reason).

3. achimb33

achimb33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. jasmer

jasmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thank you for the replies ... so, waiting is not an option and Germany it is! I have been following a thread (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185355) where an online merchant is offering it for a similar price (approx £2150) - but they seem a bit dodgey!! The haven't answered my inquiry email etc.

Thanks again,

Jason.