1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when will the hs10 be widely available in the uk

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by helter, Jan 12, 2003.

1. helter

helter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have now raised £2000 and am very interested in the hs10 mostly for the high resolution and the 1000 lunems
    i dont want to order from price japan even though the sale service is amazing, because if there is anything wrong with the projector i dont want to pay to send it back and have vat charges and difficulty with customs
    so to the point
    i would like to know when the hs10 will be available here, cause at the end of the day there is not much of a saving importing and if you have to send it back there are no savings
    i would also like to get it as close to £2000 as possible as i dont realy want to pay any more as i need to buy extras e.g. cables, ceiling bracket, screen, graphic card/prog scan dvd

2. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's already available mate, not really that cheap though... I paid 2175 inc VAT for mine yesterday from Hi Spek in St. Albans.

Hard to find stock though, I think mine was the last Hi Spek had... Apparently SuperFi in Birmingham had one according to the Sony dealer network yesterday but dunno how much for. Oh, and elsewhere on these here forums someone mentioned the Sony Centre in Reading.

Good luck! I'm off to look at getting mine set up today! :D

3. flapcats

flapcats
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.unbeatable.co.uk have them for £2110 (inc vat) delivery £7.99 - but I think I'll wait until I can see one in a shop demo'd.

Don't bother with Tottenham court road yet. The people in the home theatre dept of the Sony said it couldn't be available in the UK yet becuase they'd not heard of it. Frankly they were very rude so I won't buy it there. Micro Anvika will know on Monday (12 Jan) if they are getting any demo models but it's not in their price/product list yet. Gultronics can order it for you but arn't getting any in. All these places had the HS2, which I'm not interested in. Shasonic said flatly that Sony projectors were crap and I really should consider the AE-100 (yeah, right). I recon it'll be 18 months before it hits 2K or less. It'll be around the 2.2 and 2.1K mark until then. Cannot wait that long.

www.av-sales.com offer a free screen, but the machine is £2243.08

Someone should start a thread if it hits 2K or under in the UK.

4. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  5. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Won't it be the HS-11 then ( shortly to become the HS-12 )??

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    that a problem IMO, people waiting for prices to drop end up missing out so much.
    It's not always about if you can easily afford something or not but sometimes you have to ask if you can afford not to.:)
    If you spend 2 months shopping around to save £100 then did you save £100 or did you miss out on 2 months quality movieing.:)

7. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nexnix do indeed have them in stock. They had 10 in stock (now 9 :) ) at the time of posting.

They will perform a dead pixel check on the unit for £20 to guarantee that there are no faulty pixels in the unit.

Cost is:
    2113 (const including VAT)
    20 (dead pixel check)
    10 (delivery)

I'm having mine delivered tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.

8. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am going down to NEXNIX now to do a second demo on the unit.

I was there yesterday for a demo and DVD playback was stunning, the problem lies with Sports playback on Sky Digital, the picture quality from Sky is not very good, and becomes very obvious with a good PJ and a big screen.

I am going down now to have another demo with Sky Sports and see if we can live with it

As a side point NEXNIX are wonderful, Russel was arranging Demos on an Sunday for a group on avforum members for Plasma and I tacked on the end of that for the HS10 demo. 11/10 for Customer service.

Cheers

Ben