When will the clapping stop?

Considering the new Government guidance is to meet up to 6 people outside at a time, I think chatting to one neighbour at the end of the drive is irrelevant.

You'd think so. But a lot of the news footage of the clapping clearly shows lots of people aren't two metres away from one another.

You'd think so. But a lot of the news footage of the clapping clearly shows lots of people aren't two metres away from one another.

Yep, there are idiots everywhere. Most of which don’t need to be clapping, for just 60 seconds, to break the rules.

Look at the footage of people cramming onto beaches. They’re following official guidance to take unlimited exercise, and drive to somewhere to do it.

Apparently the person that started the clap says she wants the clap to finish next week.

Hope she gets her wish
I heard that last week ... i.e. she wanted it to end last night

'Healthcare workers, including those with jobs such as doctors and nurses, were not found to have higher rates of death involving COVID-19 when compared with the rate among those whose death involved COVID-19 of the same age and sex in the general population.

Among men, a number of other specific occupations were found to have raised rates of death involving COVID-19, including: taxi drivers and chauffeurs (36.4 deaths per 100,000); bus and coach drivers (26.4 deaths per 100,000); chefs (35.9 deaths per 100,000); and sales and retail assistants (19.8 deaths per 100,000).'

I'm aware, there was no statement intended with my post hence why I just put the link.

It was just to show there was something else happening whilst most people were clapping instead.

Last night was our last clapping. It seemed to be a good time to stop, our neighbours who had been doing it every week were not out there last night anyway.

It was good to do and has now finished.

Not one clap at all around here tonight, not even the neighbour with her whole kitchen set who is normally out. Rain probably didn't help

*sighs gently*

Just a car full of knobs dropping the prick off next door. Music blasting etc.

Mine isn't (Christopher Chope).

For all of those conservative voters out there clapping for the NHS, let's hope your MPs not on the list...
It was a political stunt by Labour using their opposition day motion.

Weekly testing of all NHS and care staff has no scientific basis. The government rightly continue to follow the advice from the Chief Medical Officer and others - which is essentially the same thing but with ”where necessary“ added so it isn’t a blanket policy.

The only evidence in favour of the proposal was that they could be sure it would get plenty of headlines.

I'm not sure why the poster felt the need to shoehorn it into this thread when he'd already posted it in a much more relevant thread.
Back on topic, is anyone clapping any more? It's been quiet around here for a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure why the poster felt the need to shoehorn it into this thread when he'd already posted it in a much more relevant thread.
Back on topic, is anyone clapping any more? It's been quiet around here for a couple of weeks.

No, ours stopped around the time that the person who started it all said it was time to stop.

The clap has been cured!

Come on, it was when and who not if :laugh:

Please tell me i‘m wrong and i didnt read that this clapping charade is going to be some annual event.:eek:

Please tell me i‘m wrong and i didnt read that this clapping charade is going to be some annual event.:eek:
It'll certainly be a charade if you never gave a fudge and want rid of the thing ...

tenor.gif

Even the mind bleach barely has any effect :eek:

@Trollslayer, not the stuff Trump takes, this is a purely hypothetical product :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom