• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

When will the 360 see a F1 game??

MikeyK

Banned
So we have the great Forza 2 and PGR4 on its way, but there is no F1 game out there for the 360? Why not? Are we going to see one? I really enjoyed the EA F1 series games on the PS2, so whats the deal? :confused:

Praxidike

Banned
A huge waste that Sony bought the license, then proceeded to produce crap games, really annoyed me, I love F1, and I love games, so the ideal combination..... until Sony came along.

I think the current license ran out in 2008 (EDIT: or apparently 2009), hopefully they won't renew it.

X

Xx FANBOI xX

How ironic I was thinking the same thing just yesterday (and thinking of making a thread then thought better) but yeah, F1 games were good to play but got a bit boring after a while so I don't think were missing too much!

(The reason I'm probably saying that is because I don't follow F1, I only used to play the ones my brother bought for the Nintendo64).

Moogle

Distinguished Member
A huge waste that Sony bought the license, then proceeded to produce crap games, really annoyed me, I love F1, and I love games, so the ideal combination..... until Sony came along.

I think the current license ran out in 2008 (EDIT: or apparently 2009), hopefully they won't renew it.

Most people who have played the PS3 one seem to be happy with it. I believe it's supposed to be a pretty good game.

Praxidike

Banned
Most people who have played the PS3 one seem to be happy with it. I believe it's supposed to be a pretty good game.
Ah, I haven't played the PS3 one, but every other F1 game made by Sony has been awful, the PS3 one is the only one I haven't tried. I guess graphics are a help, but from the videos I've seen, the gameplay doesn't look good if you're an F1 fan. Maybe OK for casual fans interested in arcadey handling.

SibTiger33

Prominent Member

its a good game but not a great game

seems to be more for the racing fan and not the hardcore f1 fan

unlike micropose games and to some extent the EA games.

the most impressive thing about the sony game is the graphics

no 2 player is a real shame :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom