When will Samsung 56" be released in UK?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Ruby, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Ruby

Ruby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I've been excited every since PaulB mentioned that new Samsung 56" model will be released in the UK soon. Anyone know exactly when it will be released and how much we can expect to pay for it?

2. Prone

Prone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had one order from Robertsons since 01/08/05, I finally had my money refunded last week, I have been informed it will not be released in the UK by one dealer but Robertsons are still quoting the end of this month ??

Regards,

Andy

3. Ruby

Ruby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    A quick look around some of Samsung's other European websites revealed that the 56" model is currently only available in countries like Russia and Ukraine (although it seems to have similar specs to the UK 50" version instead of its American counterpart). I wonder why Samsung would release this TV in those countries and not some of Europe's more prominent countries. Could this be an EU related issue?

Anybody ever imported a TV from Russia?

4. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Word on the French forums still indicate end of October. The recent drop in price of the current Samsung SP50 is a good indicator that they are clearing old stock to make way for new. Problem is, we don't know how much old stock they have left and given that the SP50's have been flying off the shelves of late, I don't think the'll release the new models until the very last old one has been sold.

Paul

5. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    There is 720p version already available in other markets, as well as the forthcoming 1080p model that some us here can hardly wait for........

Nick

6. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    The latest from one of the French forums (direct from samsung apparently) is that an announcement about the new Samsung 56" 1080p sets is expected on 25th November!! If we don't hear any definite news about the new Sony SXRD sets I'll go for one of these instead.
    Paul

7. Ruby

Ruby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    PaulB,

Do you think this new Samsung will only be released in France at first and is it likely to come out before Christmas? I'm in the situation of borrowing my niece's 28" tv at the moment. She keeps on pestering me to return it, but I can't until I get a replacement. I'm hoping that this new 56" model will be the answer to my prayers.

8. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    We're in the lap of the Gods Ruby. I would be pretty certain it will be a Europe-wide release. Here by Christmas, hmmmm.....probably.

You know as much as I do though, I'm only picking up snippets here and there. I would encourage you to hang on a bit longer, these newer models are only just around the corner and are well-worth waiting for. Nothing currently in the UK can match them (apart from a crt set of course, and even then!).
    Paul

9. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Any idea on prices, a lot or less more expensive then the 720p models.

10. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Nope, no idea at all I'm afraid.
    Paul

11. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
  12. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Well, yes and no :D

That is a new model Samsung but is only 720p. The really interesting ones are the 1080p models that have a higher resolution and higher contrast levels. Try this link - http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&prod_id=HLR5668WX/XAA similar looking set, but far higher specs (goto "DLP TV" at the left-hand side for other models).

To be honest, I can't see the need for yet another 720p model in the UK, we are awash with them and the market is quite competitive. Its possible that Samsung will release the 1080p models only so as to grab as much market share as they can, especially as Sony will have a similar product coming out soon(ish). We'll see.
    Paul