When will OLED hit the <€1000 Price-point?

calibos

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand no definitive answer is possible but has there been any clues that point to a rough time frame.

I'm one of those people that doesn't think 4K at normal seating distances is really needed on Projectors never mind TV's. ie. 4K is not a requirement nor is Curved. Gimme Flat all day long. No need for 3D nor Smart TV functionality either. KODI/XBMC media players all over the house attached to our TV's is smart enough for us and 3D is a waste of time at TV screen sizes IMHO. Will likely be picking up a cheap Epson 2D/3D PJ soon aswell anyway.

I'm rocking 8 year old Panasonic Plasmas all over the house. A 50in 720p, 3x 42in 720p and a 37in 720p. When upgrading them all to OLED it would be 5x 40-42in 1080p and 2x 50-60in 1080p. (Big household, one in each room including bedrooms. I promise we are all normal well adjusted non obese people but we love our own TV's and alone time. :D

The two big panels and one of the 40-42 inchers would be wall or cabinet mounted. The other 4 bedroom 40-42 inchers will be mounted inside custom bed footboards with integrated TV lifts I'd be building. The mechanicals are eminently DIY now when we only have to lift <10KG TV's these days. No need for uber expensive Linear actuators that can lift 100KG+ anymore.

So ultimately, my question is when can we expect to see 40-42in 1080p OLED's from any manufacturer in the same sub €1000 price range that equivalent spec LED LCD's are now?

there not even doing any more 1080p sets so youll have to go 4k oled....nothing announced yet on smaller sizes either though ces show early january will tell you more....sub £2000 maybe next year for 55 inch?

In Denmark it already
Been on the 870 and 930

What are you pointing out? Maybe my mobile isn't showing it correctly.

What are you pointing out? Maybe my mobile isn't showing it correctly.
Richer Sounds have the LG 55ea980w for £1170 at Brighton store I think.
And Richer Sounds doing a deal on the LG55ec930v at £1350 I believe, several shops have this deal. These all come with 12 month warranty but are ex-service in most cases.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom