When will next batch of Panasonic DVD recorders be available?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sidefall, Jan 2, 2007.

1. sidefall

sidefall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing my E95 with an EX75, mainly because of the integrated Freeview (which hopefully will work for me!).

But the current lot (including the EX75) is described as the "2006 range". So presumably there will be a "2007 range" out some time this year.

I don't want to buy a new machine if it will be superceded soon after I get it.

Anyone have any insider knowledge as to if and when there'll be some new models from Panasonic?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,051
    None of the normal channels have given any hint of when the new models will be available or even what they will be like.

The DVDR market is mercurial and difficult to predict with all the changes going on in broadcasting and hardware.

Panasonics production cycles for this type of product are roughly annual so dont expect new machines until June or July.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,309
    I was going to ask a similar question, so wont start another thread. But is it likely to be the same wait from Sony & Pioneer?

thanks

joe