• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

When will Kef T series be updated?

N1ck

Established Member
I like the idea of the Kef T range of speakers but they are old now, almost 10 years old. I have auditioned them and thought the sound was more than acceptable considering their size but ultimately left me feeling as though I want a little more.

Due to their flat, life style shape I am giving them serious consideration but can’t help thinking that there must be a newer, better sounding, updated version coming soon as they have been around almost a decade. Is this normal for a speaker to be around for so long and has anyone heard or suspect that a ‘version 2’ may be released any time soon? Not too keen on spending £1600 for the T305 only to find that a newer version is just round the corner.

Kirkk

Established Member
I was thinking the exact same thing. The T series will fit nicely with what I have planned for the living room but as you say, I'd be very annoyed to spend that sort of money and then the model comes out for potentially less.

N1ck

Established Member
I could live with my sound bar for a year...maybe, but if it was any longer then I would consider purchasing them now. Personally, I can’t see them continually being sold without some sort of update for much longer.

N1ck

Established Member
I sent Kef an email and received this reply

‘Indeed, they have been available for a number of years and are as popular now as they ever have been. Rest assured, we have no plans in the foreseeable future to update/change this range.

With best

Ron (KEF)‘

Have to say I’m surprised.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I sent Kef an email and received this reply

‘Indeed, they have been available for a number of years and are as popular now as they ever have been. Rest assured, we have no plans in the foreseeable future to update/change this range.

With best

Ron (KEF)‘

Have to say I’m surprised.

It`s the same story with many other brands and their lifestyle speakers. B&W, Monitor Audio etc. They are not selling the same amount as their hifi ranges so can have longer cycle. That was the response i got from MA i think it was.

If you go with T-range the larger 301 model mains and center channel has been noticeable step up from those who has heard both over 101 which could be fine as side surrounds. Also same as with the other brands you shouldn´t buy the KEF subwoofer. You could also look for ex-display speakers or put wanted add on classified and save some.

Example (300£ less) and ask the price without the sub, then pick something from BK if tight budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom