1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Will John Lewis Sell 37" Phillips 37PF9986?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by phoTToniq, Oct 24, 2004.

1. phoTToniq

phoTToniq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess this is aimed at Digitised as much as anyone else, but I am keen to know when John Lewis will start to sell the Phillips 37PF9986 TV. Does anyone know if they will sell it at all?

I have had terrible problems with smaller retailers and trust John Lewis much more. I have wanted this TV for ages (since before the recall) but they have not added it to their website (even though they DO sell the 32" version).

Cheers,
    phoTToniq

2. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If their price for the 32" -£2995 is anything to go by the 37" will be far more expensive than the £2800 I have just paid for the 37" from BE Direct.
    Their 5 year warranty is a factor but Warranty Ex sell one for £350 and BE Direct £405.
    NJ :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. phoTToniq

phoTToniq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They pricematch!

4. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You often see "PERSIL" on the top of a bus, but they don't sell it.

This forum is littered with people who have been refused "pricematch" - there are very few cases on the forum who have been successful.
    Sound & Vision - a retail shop (as well as internet sales process ) sell the 32" inch - located in Bolton - not far from Cheadle-try and get a pricematch.

I bought a TV last year £500 cheaper from SAGA - no an internet site - no pricematch.

There is no consistency - three months ago I watched a pricematch transaction in Liverpool with Costco - they honoured their promise-last week when I saw a DAB digital radio in Costco for £105 - £119 in JL - they refused to pricematch.

My experience is they make up the rules as they go along