1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will it ever end

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Feb 20, 2003.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,585
  2. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yeah this is starting to get a little silly all these releases after we get the "definitive" edition (terminator 2, aliens etc.) the studios always find a little bit they forgot about.

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah, I had a bit of a rant about this on my site....... You know they're releasing a new version of The Fast and The Furious?! Why?! I can understand it if the original releases they're replacing weren't all that, I mean I am welcoming the forthcoming Alien Quadrilogy with open arms, but when they release newer versions of decent releases like T2 Ultimate Edition I just think it takes the ****

4. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Boomstick edition :laugh: There just taking the mickey now

5. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    How many different releases of AOD have there been, by my count I got to 6, and gave up thinking.

Whatrs the bets that it will still sell though. Its one of those titles that people will keep on buying.

6. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I haven't upgraded this film from tape yet so I may go for either this one or the recent R2 2-discer. but yes it is silly... how many release of one film do you need. it's just milking the cash cow

7. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As long as DVD keeps expanding it's userbase, and new punters see the appeal of collecting their favourite movies, 'enterprising' souls like Anchor Bay and Artisan will find a new bunch of features to slap onto a back catalogue title, dream up some collectible packaging, and reissue the flick with DTS sound.

I agree that there's very little point in reissuing discs that were excellent in the first place, but where there's cash to be made, these companies will figure out new ways to remove it from our wallets.

Collectors love to collect and DVD publishers will always love to exploit that desire to secure the newest, coolest, upgraded version of a beloved movie.

8. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    check out this link as there seems to be another version which has apprently used another transfer for the directors cut and is ment to be better the the R1 and R2 release.

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen a ton of releases (or merely just new cover art) for the original Evil Dead. Either the studio or the Raimi boys are intent on milking this franchise for all it's worth.