When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready ?

Well, she is 66, so if their policy is Pfizer for the over 65's it makes sense (even if the policy doesn't).

Well, she is 66, so if their policy is Pfizer for the over 65's it makes sense (even if the policy doesn't).
Ah true I'd forgotten about that.

Still you'd think they would be revising their policy given all the recent data rather than doubling down on it.

Just flicked France24 on and GPs in France can now give the vaccine. They had a GP on who went to the chemist to collect his one vial of the Oxford vaccine to give to people in the age range of 50 - 64 with health conditions. He is allowed one vial a week!
Meanwhile in Germany...

7626D6BE-6EB0-45FC-B9C0-3429B1B310FF.jpeg

Truly a shocking state of affairs to make Boris look the most competent leader!

I wanted to bang my head against the wall after watching that video.

I so glad that the anti-vax movement here in the uk seems to be slowly dying off.

Not only are more and more people willing to get it but as we move down the age groups people seem even MORE eager. Possibly from FOMO (fear of missing out), when your GP calls and you have to decide then and there apparently it's pushing more people to just say yes!

I wanted to bang my head against the wall after watching that video.

UK Antivaxers on twitter have reached new levels of insanity tbh.

I so glad that the anti-vax movement here in the uk seems to be slowly dying off.

It's very much alive and well, they are just not reaching people in the way they could before the vaccination programme started. I spent a long while a few days ago ripping an anti vaxxer's argument to shreds by explaining basic cell biology. Even if it only convinces one person to get vaccinated then I haven't wasted my time.

Not only are more and more people willing to get it but as we move down the age groups people seem even MORE eager. Possibly from FOMO (fear of missing out), when your GP calls and you have to decide then and there apparently it's pushing more people to just say yes!

Vaccination = The Path to Normality. That's why people want it, anti vaxxers are now spinning vaccine passports as part of the great reset (along with the mind control rubbish). A lot needs to be done to counteract antivaxxers and related conspiracy theories. There are other viruses out there that could cause a pandemic so we will increasingly need to rely on vaccines. Especially of the mRNA varieties.

I honestly don't understand what's going on here. She's far from stupid. She has a doctorate in quantum chemistry!

Surely she must understand, even better than Macron, that this will just undermine Germany's vaccination efforts.

At every step of the way the uk government has stated that the vaccines are safe and effective. We're just getting on with the job of vaccinating as many people as we can as quickly as we can with whatever vaccine we have that has been certified safe and effective.

We now have around 86% of our population willing to get vaccinated!!

Even the over 20s are willing to have it at a rate of over 80%!!

Very strange of her 😳

Very strange of her 😳
It doesn't appear that's what she actually said. Try this:

Ms Merkel described the Anglo-Swedish drug giant's vaccine, which some essential workers have refused, as "a reliable vaccine, effective and safe."

She said: "As long as vaccines are as scarce as they are at the moment, you can't choose what you want to be vaccinated with."

Asked whether she would volunteer to be administered with the vaccine, Merkel added: “I am 66 years old and I do not belong to the recommended group for AstraZeneca.”

German policy currently has the AZ vaccine not being used for her age group, so she's sticking with policy. Mind you, they are trying to get everyone else from the army to the toilet cleaner to have it.

Serves them and Macron right for the stupid statements they made in the first place. And how about this:

Be funny if it wasn't so serious. Anyway - Arf, arf.

At this rate we might see Africa reach vaccinated herd immunity before the EU!

We could end up with a couple more vaccines approved before 2021 is over. The more we have the less chance COVID-19 has of overcoming the immune response vaccines create. Hopefully in a few years the idea for a universal coronavirus vaccine will become a reality. Might be one of the good things to come out of this pandemic tbh along with accelerating the use of mRNA vaccines.

Be interesting to see if the mRNA vaccines can target more than one protein type. Combination of the spike protein and a “virus body” structural protein. Most research appears to go after one specific or the other.
“Antibody nailing” the specific spike protein, plus other structural proteins that don’t mutate so often might help with keeping on top of new variants while we develop more specific vaccines. Or there again, take two vaccine shots.

Macron enjoying a large helping of "humble pie" followed by the classic dessert of "you're a fudging idiot" with ice cream.

I see that they're still not using it on those over 75 though. They can't admit they're wrong. If they're concerned about data for the over 55s in the original trial, then there's no real data for those 65-75 either. And the more recent data shows it's effective for all age groups, not just those under 75.
They're unnecessarily complicating their roll out. Any vaccine, for any age over 18 followed up by a second dose of the same vaccine. None of this letting people choose their vaccine nonsense.
There aren't many areas where people should be looking at the UK's virus response and say 'let's follow them'. But the vaccine roll out is one of them.

I see that they're still not using it on those over 75 though. They can't admit they're wrong. If they're concerned about data for the over 55s in the original trial, then there's no real data for those 65-75 either. And the more recent data shows it's effective for all age groups, not just those under 75.
They're unnecessarily complicating their roll out. Any vaccine, for any age over 18 followed up by a second dose of the same vaccine. None of this letting people choose their vaccine nonsense.
There aren't many areas where people should be looking at the UK's virus response and say 'let's follow them'. But the vaccine roll out is one of them.
Bang on. I‘m still trying to figure out why different vaccines that introduce similar antigens into anyone’s immune system would be differently effective because of age.

Nope, don’t get it. Anyone else got a logic?

There’s a difference between “there is no evidence that..” and any kind of logic for different phenomena.

Macron enjoying a large helping of "humble pie" followed by the classic dessert of "you're a fudging idiot" with ice cream.
Buried by Sarkozy news. US could trade vaccine rollout tips for nailing corrupt ex-president tips.

Dolly has always been down to earth.
She could have built Dollywood in California but built it where she came from, creating local jobs.

Last edited:
What should she have called it?
The Who Is That theme park?

You have to remember she comes from coal mining country and coal demand has been falling for a number of years in the US.

The woman's a star, we need a few more similar examples.
Who do we get? Right Said Fred and Russell Brand.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom