When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready ?

Nature doesn't care, it's not "aware". If I'm wrong this might be my last post...
Mother Nature’s a bugger for taking an opportunity though. I’ve posted this before but when I was born in 1958, I was number 2.9 billion on this Earth. What would I be now: 7.8 billion today!
I reckon we need to set about halving the world population and everything would be fine. :thumbsdow:D

Mother Nature’s a bugger for taking an opportunity though. I’ve posted this before but when I was born in 1958, I was number 2.9 billion on this Earth. What would I be now: 7.8 billion today!
I reckon we need to set about halving the world population and everything would be fine. :thumbsdow:D

Fortunately, as countries around the world grow their economies, this is being taken care of:

Though obvs a shrinking and ever more elderly population causes secondary issues.

Just seen this american news feed ..

Even at their most effective – and draconian – containment strategies have only slowed the spread of the respiratory disease Covid-19. With the World Health Organization finally declaring a pandemic, all eyes have turned to the prospect of a vaccine, because only a vaccine can prevent people from getting sick.

About 35 companies and academic institutions around the world are racing at full speed to create such a vaccine, four companies of which already have vaccines they have been testing in animals. The first of these – produced by Boston-based biotech firm Moderna – will enter human trials in April 2020.

This unprecedented speed is thanks in large part to early Chinese efforts to sequence the genetic material of Sars-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. China shared that sequence in early January, allowing research groups around the world to grow the live virus and study how it invades human cells and makes people sick.

Lets hope & pray a vaccine is found soon !

They will never find a cure, I mean where is the cure for the flu and the common cold?
They will find a cure it will take time

Forget about the vaccine for a minute, it is more important that they find some effective antiviral medication first, something that will really aid recovery.
The only way to keep yourself fit and fine by consuming natural vitamins which will boost out inner strength

There is a push for people to sign up for the vaccine studies.

The sign up page is here...

Thanks for that. Signed up!

vaccine studies 1.jpg

vaccine studies 2.jpg

Had also taken this route via the COVID Symptom Study app ...

Screenshot_20200720-201137_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-201213_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-201246_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Signed up!
Nice one krish.

Interestingly my lad and I are still waiting for the email to confirm our email addresses are correct. It did say it could take a while but surely we both can't have got our email addresses wrong, although you never know. Will give it until tomorrow then fill it in again.

Interestingly my lad and I are still waiting for the email to confirm our email addresses are correct.
Yeah that took quite some time, submitted my email address late this morning I think, after seeing your post, then received that confirmation link email shortly before my post on signing up.

Phase 2 - phase 1 was bio compatibility, this was phase 2 and phase 3 is a field trial.
There is a push for people to sign up for the vaccine studies.

The sign up page is here...

Waiting for the email to confirm my interest. It's been over ten minutes so I suspect there are a lot of people willing to volunteer.

Waiting for the email to confirm my interest. It's been over ten minutes so I suspect there are a lot of people willing to volunteer.
Is that for the confirmation of your email address? We've been waiting since before krish applied. Please let us know when you get yours back and if we haven't then we'll try again.

You first.

If I was furloughed I was going volunteer for simple stuff like collecting shopping, patient transport etc.
I wasn't and it turned out Dorset had twice as many volunteers as they could use!

On LBC at the moment ... Ferrari asking listeners about signing up for vaccine trials

Predictably, he brought up Thalidomide
- iirc, it was way back in O Level/GCSE chemistry that we learned it was a racemic mixture of dextrorotatory and laevorotatory isomers (right-handed and left-handed optical isomers = enantiomers), with one of the enantiomers causing the birth defects
- many lessons were learned on drug safety from this terrible tragedy

- iirc, it was way back in O Level/GCSE chemistry that we learned it was a racemic mixture of dextrorotatory and laevorotatory isomers (right-handed and left-handed optical isomers = enantiomers), with one of the enantiomers causing the birth defects

Good grief ! :eek:

When I did O Level chemistry, we just did simple experiments with elements, compounds, etc!

Finally signed up.

I'm keen to sign up, I understand they are quite keen to get some of us 'sickly 'uns' on the trials.

But the consensus of the haematologists is that we are going through enough at the moment (with our medication etc.) and it'd be best to wait a while.

Another interesting treatment:

And no vaccine this year according to WHO:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom