When use sky control in spare room Main TV is also controled

Paulwilki

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
When I am watching sky TV(recorded programmes)in the dining room and my wife is watching normal DTV in Living room and I want to change what I am watching using sky control via the magic eye it also changes the main TV, the sky box is in living room connected to main TV and dining room TV is connected via coax cable from RF2 connector on sky box. this is very annoying can any one help. Thanks in advance

that's the way it is suppsoed to work. the rf output is the same output as the main hdmi output. it is always the same, cannot be different.

do you have an antenna/freeview? you may be able to watch different channels if you have the antenna connected to your skybox and you can tune in the freeview channels via your tv tuner

but if you want different signals from the hdmi output and hte rf2 output then that's not possible. different viewing in seperate rooms needs multiroom sub and a seperate box

Thanks for reply. I have had this connection for many years now but it has only just recently started when I go to delete a recorded programme in dining room it switches the tv in the living room to sky from freeview

Ah okay thats a bit different to what I thought you were explaining in the first post.

How is the TV connected to the sky box in the main room? HDMI? Try turning off cec and see if it fixes the problem

My layout is antenna connected to sky box then from Rf1 to tv, rf2 connected to second tv in dining room, I have used this set up for years now.

Have you instlled a new TV? Make and model number of TV is essential info here? This is almost certainly down to cec ( or similar link) control on the TV.

TV is quite old (4 years at least)and been in use with magic eye for 2 -3 months. Problem started within last 3 weeks. I have recently changed Rf channel to 25 as had interference. I know somethings but what is cec please?

HDMI-CEC is a control system where one unit can control another.
Brands have different names for it - look on Wikipedia for who calls it what.
I always turn it off on my TV(s).

Have tried turning cec off and on, on both sets but to no avail, any other suggestions please as it is really annoying

There are HDMI adapters which kill the CEC signals completely - the pins don't even get connected through. It might give a clue as to whether this is your issue.

Note I wouldn't trust them with 18G HDMI for 4K.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528565037&sr=8-1&keywords=CEC

Are you using the Sky remote to change DTV channels? (I can't remember if that is an option). Are the TVs both the same brand?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Go to your Sky box settings and under picture turn off HDMI control on the Sky box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom