• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

When to order?

Downinja

Distinguished Member
Got my PAC, my contract finishes tomorrow, if I order a new phone with my PAC today, would it make any difference?

Going from Vodafone to Orange, would Vodafone simply bill me my final bill, or would they tag on a early contract termination fee?

RobM

Distinguished Member
If your contract ends tomorrow and this has already been agreed and confirmed, you should have no worries about when you use it. Obviously the PAC expires if not used within 30 days, but otherwise you're under no pressure to use it :)

RobM

Distinguished Member
Makes no odds. Once you have the PAC code you can use it whenever you wish, even if the contract is still running.

What will happen is Orange will open your contract as per any other new customer. They will create this with a temporary mobile number and then add your PAC code to the order details. You will then be issued with your new SIM card - which will be linked to the temporary number - which you can begin using straight away. The PAC will then be processed and when complete, your SIM will take on your 'old' number.

Generally this is done way in advance of ending your contract, or is done as a way of ending your contract. But it doesn't cause problems that the two have been done separately :)

The only thing I would say, is the sooner you order, the sooner you get your new phone ;) :smashin:

Downinja

Distinguished Member
Just wondered if I would be penalised for ending my contract early should I use the PAC before my contract ends (all be it only 1 day).

RobM

Distinguished Member
No you wont do at all. It generally takes a few days for the PAC to be implemented by your new network operator anyway, so if you signed up now and gave Orange the PAC, it's going to be the weekend at the earliest before the change is made.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom