when o when o when is fusion hitting the stores?

honeydew

Standard Member
Reaction score
as yet no sign of the infamous fusion PVR - anyone seen one yet?

Thnx
rekall

The latest 'expected' is April, but before that it was Feb, then March. No reviews in any mags yet, so as far as I know, no-one's even seen one.

Originally posted by tman
The latest 'expected' is April, but before that it was Feb, then March.
You forgot to mention that the original release date was Nov 2003!

I emailed Fusion 3 days a go to get an update and to ask which stores are going to stock this...no response so far!

Hi, I e-mailed them last night, got a reply this morning, they say it shoulld arrive in the UK end of this month. Cross everything you've got :)

Thats what they said last month, the month before that and the month before that! Vapourware anyone? They keep saying 'at the end of the month'.

The longer the delays the more credibility Fusion will lose. If they really hope to make an name for themselves in the PVR market, they have to get that box out NOW.

Many people have neen waiting for months for this box, but many more manufacturers have released/are about to release new PVR's, and Fusion will lose a lot of sales because of it. I know they released their DTT box a while ago, but they are 10-a-penny now, PVR's are the next big thing, and their still aren't that many about. As far as I can tell, people (like me) don't want the Pace Twin because of the bugs, and have been hoping the Fusion would be the one to get. Surely they can get a few out to the mags to review to wet the appetities a bit more (assuming it's any good!). All this 'next month' business is beginning to smell a bit funny.

Alternatively, the 'delays' could be a craft marketing ploy to hype up the release. If this is the case, point taken Fusion, now get the thing in the shops.

Christ, even if there are still a few bugs, unless they are showstoppers (which they shouldn't really be at this stage), over-the-air updates can fix these pretty quickly.

Oh well, that's my rant over.

Couldnt agree with you more! Fusion are treading on thin ice at the moment - 6 months late and we are still waiting! It better be a bug-free box!

Who wants a bet come 1 May they say more delays it will be with you 'at the end of the month'

I've been itching to buy a Freeview PVR for the last few months. The delay is annoying, but I'd rather they did the job properly than launch an unfinished product. In the short term I'm sure you're right that the delay will cost them sales. But I hope a company that produces quality products will get more sales in the long run (though I'm not sure that's true).

Originally posted by tichtich
I've been itching to buy a Freeview PVR for the last few months. The delay is annoying, but I'd rather they did the job properly than launch an unfinished product. In the short term I'm sure you're right that the delay will cost them sales. But I hope a company that produces quality products will get more sales in the long run (though I'm not sure that's true).

I think the point being here is that either a) they announced the release date for the box far, far to early (Nov 03), and that they were nowhere near ready in reality. This will p*ss of a lot of people if that's the case, and they may look elsewhere. Or b) they really have experienced major problems with the production of the box which may make people a little hedgy about buying it, and they may look elsewhere. Either way, how long can we be expected to wait!

Then there's always c) being a new-ish company, they are having 'cash flow' problems, and the company making them won't release the supplies until they get paid.

Certainly I think everyone wants a 'finished' product that's as bug free as possible, but come on, let's be real, this is getting a bit silly now.

Alternatively, could they have had a rethink, and maybe are adding a CAM slot now for example (TUTV?). You can see that imaginations start to run wild...

Well just give up waiting like me and buy a Humax PVR8000T it kicks ass and you can pick it up for £145 sweet!

Yeah but it doesnt have a 7 day EPG and a twin tuner.

Originally posted by rekall
Yeah but it doesnt have a 7 day EPG and a twin tuner.

Absolutely, the working 7-day EPG and twin-tuners is one of the main reasons people want the Fusion. It (apparently) uses standard 3.5" disks as well, so should be easily and cheaply upgradable to larger storage.

I could possibly live without the EPG for now (we have for this long), but twin tuners is a must.

It seems that the arrival time of this fusion box and the new pace update to the twin are both vapourware. Whoever makes good on their commitment first will be the one to win.

I seem to have been waiting ages for both these things to happen. I am not going to buy a PVR until there is a twin tuner version that is rock steady.

As a matter of interest anyone know if the Fusion box will support a 'series link' feature?

i've not read anywhere that it does, rekall :(

i was hoping it'd be out in time for my birthday, i.e. today, but sadly no :(

Well, Happy Birthday anyway mate !!!!!

Leconcepts say they'll be in this week according to the site... I just hope it can do topup then i'll get one (looks like a card slot on the left, but can't find any confirmation)...

Certainly looks decent from the pics and spec

mmmmmm, believe it when I see it. I hope it does but we have been promised before!

Hi all, received this message today from unbeatable.com

Dear unbeatable Customer,

with reference to your order for the Fusion FVRT100.

We have been advised by our suppliers, Fusion, that their new 'digi - box'
is now in production. Fusion say that once the first lines have cleared
quality control they are hoping to see healthy volumes of stock early May.
We are monitoring this situation closely and will let you know as soon as
we have shipment dates for our orders.

We do apologise for this delay and thank you for your understanding in
this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help in any
other way.

Hmmm... does anyone know yet if this has a card slot? Would be good to get rid of Pace Twin + Pioneer OnDigi box and just use this...

Originally posted by acf
Hi all, received this message today from unbeatable.com

Dear unbeatable Customer,

with reference to your order for the Fusion FVRT100.

We have been advised by our suppliers, Fusion, that their new 'digi - box'
is now in production. Fusion say that once the first lines have cleared
quality control they are hoping to see healthy volumes of stock early May.
We are monitoring this situation closely and will let you know as soon as
we have shipment dates for our orders.

We do apologise for this delay and thank you for your understanding in
this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help in any
other way.

Mmmmm. The words 'advised' and 'hoping' do not fill me with confidence. We will wait and see. I guess Unbeatable don't want to commit themselves either.

The concerning thing here is that they say the thing has just entered production!

once again its a 'next month'. fusion are a joke.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom