When mounting tv on wall with front external speakers do u have it level??

Atari2600

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry people abit weird to explain....

Basically plasma and LCD tv r getting really thin now adays and when u mount it againts a wall the tv looks just like a picture frame hanging on the wall!! Not bulky at all ( which I like and nearly every 1 else) but when u have external speakers for a surround sound set up and these speakers are quite deep in depth.

Just want to know what people generally do for a nice neat look and set up?
Do u normally bring the tv forward away from the wall so the front of the tv is inline with the front of the speaker? Or. Do u have the tv as close to the wall so the speakers stick out and the screen is back?

What would u guys normally do to get the best look and not compromise on anything

thanks

I can`t speak for eveyone else but,i chose to have my front speakers and center speaker in line,running along the bottom edge of the tv.Although you can position the tv extremley close,you will have to take into account that cables have to be run behind it,so access has to be made available.

005-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry people abit weird to explain....

Basically plasma and LCD tv r getting really thin now adays and when u mount it againts a wall the tv looks just like a picture frame hanging on the wall!! Not bulky at all ( which I like and nearly every 1 else) but when u have external speakers for a surround sound set up and these speakers are quite deep in depth.

Just want to know what people generally do for a nice neat look and set up?
Do u normally bring the tv forward away from the wall so the front of the tv is inline with the front of the speaker? Or. Do u have the tv as close to the wall so the speakers stick out and the screen is back?

What would u guys normally do to get the best look and not compromise on anything

thanks

I know exactly what you mean mate.

I have a Panny G20 which is only 8mm thick my Speakers stick out around 12mm MA Radius HD250 all round I have the TV as close as poss to the wall and it looks fantastic as you get the picture on the wall effect. It wouldn't look as good if the TV stuck out further as it makes it look all bulky, a look you want to get away from.

Cheers

Rav

I know exactly what you mean mate.

I have a Panny G20 which is only 8mm thick my Speakers stick out around 12mm MA Radius HD250 all round I have the TV as close as poss to the wall and it looks fantastic as you get the picture on the wall effect. It wouldn't look as good if the TV stuck out further as it makes it look all bulky, a look you want to get away from.

Cheers

Rav

That's exactly what I mean, if I bring the tv forward from the wall it looks really chunky and abit silly as these tv are so thin and then have this huge gap at the back makes it look alittle daft , but on the other hand I don't want it to look daft by the speakers sticking out quite a lot taking in consideration of the wall brackets for the speakers aswell

That's exactly what I mean, if I bring the tv forward from the wall it looks really chunky and abit silly as these tv are so thin and then have this huge gap at the back makes it look alittle daft , but on the other hand I don't want it to look daft by the speakers sticking out quite a lot taking in consideration of the wall brackets for the speakers aswell

I'll post up a pic of my set up in the next day or so and you can see how mine look.

Rav

Here's some Pics of my set up

DSCF3343.jpg

DSCF3338.jpg

DSCF3336.jpg

DSCF3335.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3333.jpg

DSCF3332.jpg

DSCF3395.jpg

DSCF3376.jpg

DSCF3373.jpg

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3368.jpg

DSCF3384.jpg

DSCF3383.jpg

DSCF3381.jpg

DSCF3388.jpg

As you can see the speakers are sticking out further than the TV but it still looks good, I think the TV wouldn't look right if it was out further in line with the speakers because of the gap it would create behind the Plasma.
These TV's are slim and are designed to be close to the wall, as it looks nicer.

Hope the Pics help you decide.

Rav

Last edited:
thats been a great help, looks good

how come you didnt sit the centre speaker on the fire place? and rather had in fitted on the wall?

and finally how does the sub sound positioned at the back? as thats the only place were i can only position the sub too?

thats been a great help, looks good

how come you didn't sit the centre speaker on the fire place? and rather had in fitted on the wall?

and finally how does the sub sound positioned at the back? as thats the only place were i can only position the sub too?

Thanks Jav,

Basically I had the Centre speaker on the wall as I wanted it hung on the wall and for symmetry. I guess it's a personal thing.

The Woofer sounds great, got set the levels up right so it sounds the bass is not coming from the rear. If you use the Audessey in the amp it helps my Bass cut off is 80HZ evrything above that comes out the surrounds. You gotta play around with the amp to get the best sound, I adjust the levels manually through the amp for each speaker. Play around till it sounds right to you.

The BKS XXLS 400 is an awesome sub.

Cheers

Rav

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom