• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

When last did you talk on a phone?

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Just noticed that the last time I talked on a phone was last 29th April, I obviously use WeChat, FB, Twitter, IMessage etc.

Also haven't spend a single penny since buys ciggies on Monday.

I am currently working in China ATM, my boss likes to go to dinner and everybody I know I just WeChat and for the folks at home IMessage or Skype.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
About 3 minutes ago to some cat in Uganda.

I prefer to call instead of email, harder for people to ignore me and you build a rapport easier.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Yesterday evening when a job recruiter called me ... for a job at the company I already work for! :D

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I get that all the time.

“I have your cv in front of me, what are you doing at the moment?”

Me – “Well I am working for the company at the top of the CV”

“Oh, sorry I can’t put you forward for this as it is at the same place”

Me – “Why did you bother calling then”

“Thought it might be wrong”

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
He sent me an email at the same time and made the blunder of leaving the company name in. It seems like a lot of IT recruiters don't like to do that. He seemed surprised when I mentioned the company name. If I had more time, I would have described the exact desk for that vacancy to him. It's opposite me!

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I hate it when recruiters don't tell you the name of the company when you respond to ads - I get that they do it for good reasons, but I don't want to commit to an interview somewhere if I then find out once they send me the details that the company is not somewhere I want to work.

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Last night to my mum, who is 70. She likes to have a chat

She has just got a smart phone though and has started texting. My dad has been for the last few months as well :)

booyaka

5 mins ago for 30 mins to a client about his pension arrangements.

On the phone a lot for work, but the home phone nearly gets used by me.

Lee

All the time, I never user Twiter etc. Haven't heard of Wechat or Imessage. Me = dinosaur

I'm on the phone at the moment, waiting to talk to Aviva :)
I was on the phone to them yesterday advising them not to renew my car insurance as they were too expensive. They didn't offer any reduction, that was a first.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
To be honest, I don't really see why talking on the phone is classed as 'seperate' from Skype/facetime.
Same process, you dial someone and you talk.

Exemplar

Banned
About 3 minutes ago to some cat in Uganda.

I prefer to call instead of email, harder for people to ignore me and you build a rapport easier.

This. If you ask anyone that knows me I prefer to talk than email, message etc. All of the trades I do on here I always call rather than anything else as you only get a feel for something via voice. At work if someone emails me I always get back to them via voice before following up with an email. There's emotion in voice, not in writing...

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
If I received a text from my mother, I would react as though the phone had just turned into a large poo.

Dont go there. She then added me on Facebook - which I only use to abuse and post rude jokes to my mates anyway.
How do you decline an invite from your Mum to friend you ??? :)

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
what do you mean by phone? Any phone device?
I use my Land line rarely but have used it this week.
I use my mobile every day, usually short calls to the wife to find out how she is and to let each other know when we are going to be home.
My work use Lync (MSN/Skype) for IM and phone calls. My office desk phone has never been used because of this.

SBT

Banned
This morning.
Having spent the last two weeks in bed I hadn't spoken to anyone.
Was some fool selling something, wish I'd stayed in bed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

Distinguished Member
Just checked my call log and so far today I've been on the phone 62 times.

Edit: Make that 64.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom