Question when is the best time to Calibrate a new projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by B19R3d, Oct 18, 2016.

1. B19R3d

B19R3d
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i have a new Epson-EH-TW7200 , and have just ordered a Calibration disc (blu-ray) to calibrate the projectors 2D & 3D picture. is there a "settling in period" for the projector lamp or is calibration something we can do straight out the box?

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,033
    Projector bulbs loose a largish (10-20%) percentage of their brightness in the first 50-100 hours then stabilise and light lost becomes more gradual until near the end of their life.

So whilst you can calibrate as often as you wish if you are doing it yourself but if paying for a calibration my view would be wait till at least around 50hrs.

3. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,942
    If your doing it yourself from a calibration disc there's nothing stopping you dowing it now. Might want to recheck after a few hundred hours. When you have it professionaly calibrated is when you need to let the bulb settle down which is after around 200 hours have been put on the lamp.

4. B19R3d

B19R3d
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    thanks, i'll start by self calibrating the PJ and see how it goes. :smashin: