When is Rel Strata III being replaced?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mlinhares, Nov 5, 2001.

1. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking of buying this subwoofer but a friend of mine said that it's a 1999 design and it was bound to be substituted. Does anyone know anything about it?

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,542
    The REL 'anything' III is new (Strata III, Storm III, Stadium III etc). Your friend can't have been talking about the Strata II either as it was made way before 1999.

3. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I did some web research in REL web site and they have reviews of Strata III dated from 1999 (HiFi World - July 1999 and What HiFi - Best Sub 1999). So in fact it's a 1999 product, 3 years old almost 4. I suspect the Strata IV is on the way. Anyone?

Miguel Linhares

4. ukaudiophile

ukaudiophile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi,

I was speaking to Richard Lord only a couple of weeks ago on this very point, when is the ST series due for another update?

He explained that right now all or REL's R&D efforts are concentrated on the 'Q' series & a new product for the US market (a very high end system which he was reticent to describe other than to say it will be more than a Studio and scare the daylights out of the high end US subs). Right now there are no planned updates to anything in the ST series for another 12 months.

If I were you I'd seriously consider buying the Strata III and enjoy it. It is still one of the most musical subs I've had the pleasure to hear, with great support to boot courtesy of REL.

I hope this helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Dave