1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is ADSL 2+ due/Help choose modem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by LiquidTV, Jun 6, 2005.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys,

I relish the imminent arrival of broadband in the area where I live so I can finally enter the world of online gaming. I have been reading up on various aspects of broadband & note references to ADSL 2+. I understand the concept, but when is this going to arrive & which ISP's are likley to offer this service?

There are 2 reasons;

Firstly, without getting shot down in flames having recently posted this, I am still trying to find the best ADSL router which has 2+ technology built in which will connect to PC, PS2 & Xbox which will also be compliant with future gen consoles.

Secondly, I haven't obviously as yet signed up for broadband until it is rolled out next month.

According to BT using their number check availability, I should be able to receive the 1Mb service. I estimate that I live no more than 1.5 miles from the nearest exchange although fully appreciate that it is not "as the crow flies".

I would prefer a well known brand to ensure good technical support.