When is a Pace "Twin" not a Pace "Twin"?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by LV426, Sep 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,851
    In the local John Lewis at lunchtime, noticed a Pace "Twin" on display. Identical to the one I have, at least from the front, and bearing the literal "Twin Digital Television Recorder" on the front panel. Price just shy of GBP350.00. Nothing strange in any of that.

But the shelf-edge label, and the stock enquiry tickets describe the product as Pace PUMA-3 free to air digital terrestrial receiver & hard disc recorder.

Not that I really care, but is this

a) a JL mistake
    b) old information
    c) the first evidence of an attempt by Pace to re-brand the item because of the early (and ongoing) huge array of software bugs?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Well there is certainly a PUMA1 and PUMA2 so it would be no surprise if the designation continued for a STB kept underwraps or one on the drawing boards.

If I recall correctly the PUMA2 was a twin tuner/twin decoder STB which could be used on a variety of digital platforms, so it maybe the addition of a hard drive bumped it upto PUMA3.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338