When is a nice Android phone with decent battery life due?

SNUK10

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have purchased my first android phone, a Sony Xperia Arc S and have to say that whilst I like the phone (although it could be finished with a less plastic shell) and the general android system I am appalled by the battery life. I can probably get 6 hours out of it through general operation and a lot less if I play a game or a video.

The only other android phone that would be worthy of a purchase is the moto razr droid. All other android phones are fugly. However, the RAZR also has appalling battery life.

I dont want to have to turn off Wifi, 3G etc every other minute as one of the main benefit of Android over Apple are the live/active widgets. These need a constant connection and they shouldnt be zapping that much power to kill a phone otherwise they are useless and the whole android platform becomes useless.

So what is the next android phone to look out for? The Nexus is a complete no no as to are all HTC phones given they just look so rubbish.

I still have my iPhone 4 and may have to go back to Apple with the iPhone 5 if there are no obvious alternatives.

Last edited:
I have had a Razr for about 3 Weeks now and easily get a day's use out of the battery

Stupid61 said:
I have had a Razr for about 3 Weeks now and easily get a day's use out of the battery

I get a days use out my Arc, normal usage..couple quick calls, plenty of texting,words with friends and some browsing throughout the day,if I need to extra charge its because of endomondo usage..

I have purchased my first android phone, a Sony Xperia Arc S and have to say that whilst I like the phone (although it could be finished with a less plastic shell) and the general android system I am appalled by the battery life. I can probably get 6 hours out of it through general operation and a lot less if I play a game or a video.

The only other android phone that would be worthy of a purchase is the moto razr droid. All other android phones are fugly. However, the RAZR also has appalling battery life.

I dont want to have to turn off Wifi, 3G etc every other minute as one of the main benefit of Android over Apple are the live/active widgets. These need a constant connection and they shouldnt be zapping that much power to kill a phone otherwise they are useless and the whole android platform becomes useless.

So what is the next android phone to look out for? The Nexus is a complete no no as to are all HTC phones given they just look so rubbish.

I still have my iPhone 4 and may have to go back to Apple with the iPhone 5 if there are no obvious alternatives.

Ive got an Arc back in October and dont have much of a problem with the battery life. It lasts me a day easily with texting, web browsing etc. Wifi and data network is pretty much on all day.

Motorola Razr Maxx just announced with 3300mah battery. Only slightly thicker than the original

Last edited:
My Galaxy Note easily gets a day and a bit with a mixture of calls, messaging, music, movies, and surfing.

A day being from unplugging it from the charger at 7am until having to plug it back in again the following lunch time. 28-30 hours isn't all that bad considering I've got a dual core PC in my pocket with always on 3G internet access.

6 hours from a phone... I only ever had that when I first got the phone and was setting it up and playing with it for the whole time.

Batteries are small and cheap though, so goto Ebay and source yourself an external charger and 2 extra batteries for under £10 never worry about being left without juice again.

My Galaxy Note easily gets a day and a bit with a mixture of calls, messaging, music, movies, and surfing.

A day being from unplugging it from the charger at 7am until having to plug it back in again the following lunch time. 28-30 hours isn't all that bad considering I've got a dual core PC in my pocket with always on 3G internet access.

6 hours from a phone... I only ever had that when I first got the phone and was setting it up and playing with it for the whole time.

Batteries are small and cheap though, so goto Ebay and source yourself an external charger and 2 extra batteries for under £10 never worry about being left without juice again.

THIS ^

Loving the battery on my Galaxy Note. For such an amazingly fast phone the battery just keeps going and going. And thats with using it all the time. Its always dinging to say something else has completed or changed. Puts my HTC desire to shame.

my HTC desire S lasted me well over a weekend - certainly far longer than my iphone 3G does.

that being said, i guess i do not use it as much as some.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom