When I turn on it keeps asking to connect controller when one is already connected

wastedyuthe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have my controller plugged in and charging while the PS4 is in Rest Mode. I unplug the controller and press the PS button, and it starts up. But then says to press the PS button on a controller to get started. I tap it again and nothing happens. If I then use my second controller, it recognises it. If I keep the controller connected via USB, then unplug once it gets to the menu, it recognises no problem.
What's going on here? Anyone else?

Not sure what is wrong but you could try resetting the controller
There is a reset button on the underside of the controller near L2 you will need a pin or paper clip to press it
Once it's pressed re sync the controller with the ps4 using the usb cable

I'll try later, but something tells me it's not the controller, as I alternate between charging and using the two I have, and I'm sure this happens no matter which is used.

No this seems to be an issue, when I power on my PS4 with my controller, the led light on the back controller turns white and then it should turn blue, but it doesn't it just stays white, and it says on the screen press the ps button on the controller but it doesn't pick it up! What I have to do is hold the ps button in on the controller for 30 seconds and it powers it off. Then when I press the PS button on the controller, the ps4 picks it up straight away and the light turns blue.
I agree its not controller specific I have 4 controllers and its the same, not sure if it's a hardware issue or something in the PS4 software, I think it's something in their system software as I don't recall this happening at launch or the proceeding months.
Glad I'm not the only one!

Well, looks like I posted about this prematurely. It hasn't happened since the latest firmware update, so maybe they fixed it!

I must check I hope your right as I was beginning to think the Bluetooth was starting to fail in my ps4!

Still happens to mine, especially if i have charged the controller on the cradle PS official one or via a USB to my computer. I find i have to disconnect the controller from USB then it will sync again.

Hmm yea well mine definitely seems to have been fixed since the last firmware update. Not happened once since

Luckier than me...... I spent 10 mins last night trying to connect one of my 3 controllers and then dropped my kontrol freaks under my desk and couldn't find them lol

You can try going to System -> Initialisation -> Restore Default Settings Then resync your controllers.

I had a weird input-lag every 10 seconds on some games, but fixed after doing above.
Note you'll need to reenter PSN accounts, network setup etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom