When I plug a USB drive in my TV and then back in PC, it shows a problem.

Prsnr

Novice Member
Hello,

every time when I plug a USB drive(no matter empty of full) in my PUS6554 TV and then back in my PC, it shows that there is a problem with the drive
problem.jpg

I tried to format the drive and then plug it in my PS4 and then back to PC - no problems
This only happens when plugging it into the TV.

I'm scared to plug in my 1TB external HDD(it has a lot of info) so I can watch DVD movies which are bigger than my USB stick.
Any suggestions?

AVtest

Hello,

every time when I plug a USB drive(no matter empty of full) in my PUS6554 TV and then back in my PC, it shows that there is a problem with the drive
View attachment 1459177
I tried to format the drive and then plug it in my PS4 and then back to PC - no problems
This only happens when plugging it into the TV.

I'm scared to plug in my 1TB external HDD(it has a lot of info) so I can watch DVD movies which are bigger than my USB stick.
Any suggestions?
Are you using safe remove option before unplugging?

if anything I am not sure why you bother with USB? does Saphi not support any network explorers? DLNA?

Prsnr

Novice Member
You sure there is no apps trying to write to drive? reformat drive?
I formatted 5 times. Every time when I plug the drive into the TV, the TV creates 2 files:
data.db and db.info (the third file is added by me)

Attachments

• chrome_gWkxLWl98n.png
    chrome_gWkxLWl98n.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 19

AVtest

I formatted 5 times. Every time when I plug the drive into the TV, the TV creates 2 files:
can you not open them files? as example using notepad or database viewer?

Prsnr

Novice Member
Actually it shows this dialog box just by plugging->unplugging the USB drive.
I just checked again - no files written.
1613133418627.png

AVtest

I just formatted the drive in NTFS and the message no longer shows up.
Thanks
Well could be then firmware bug in tv in relation to fat32. Its a bit sad that philips tv's don't support exfat yet. At least you got it working :smashin:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member

The TV is setting up the drive to be able to record programmes. Once set up you can't use the drive on a PC without reformatting.

AVtest

The TV is setting up the drive to be able to record programmes. Once set up you can't use the drive on a PC without reformatting.
It should not do that automatically. Usually would require user confirmation. Any drives plugged in should be in external storage mode first.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
It should not do that automatically. Usually would require user confirmation. Any drives plugged in should be in external storage mode first.

Maybe not. But the data.db file is most likely the recordings database file.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom