When i play a dvd on my 360 the screen size is 4:3?

deadred

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Whats going on, i used to be able to watch them ok but i just tried watching a dvd and the size was 4:3 i haven't changed any settings :confused:

Training Day, i have also tried a few others and they are the same :confused:

Try changing your tv settings you may of accidentley change it (usually your size button on remote).

you may be getting Interfiarance from your speakers very unlickley though but worth a shout

Nah its not that either, i have just changed my display from 720p to 480p and the screen went down from 16:9 to 4:3 which it never used to do before :confused: :confused:

Don't really use the 360 as a dvd player, but it could just be that the WSS info isn't transmitted in 480p but is in 720p (my dvd player does this) so your TV thinks it's a 4:3 picture. And why switch down from 720p to 480p anyway? Look at the movie - are people tall and stretched (if so you'll need to manually switch aspect ratio) or is it the correct proportions just with bars on all sides (in which case ensure widescreen not 4:3 letterbox on the 360 TV settings).

Don't really use the 360 as a dvd player, but it could just be that the WSS info isn't transmitted in 480p but is in 720p (my dvd player does this) so your TV thinks it's a 4:3 picture. And why switch down from 720p to 480p anyway? Look at the movie - are people tall and stretched (if so you'll need to manually switch aspect ratio) or is it the correct proportions just with bars on all sides (in which case ensure widescreen not 4:3 letterbox on the 360 TV settings).

You sir are a genius :D

I had to switch the WSS on :suicide: , thats what i get for buying a new telly and forgetting to change it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom