When do you prefer your post to arrive?

Unless it's delivered before I leave for work (half 8 at the latest), it matters little when it turns up.

I'd rather they give you the chance to pay the few pence that someone missed off the postage rather than having to trek to the sorting office 24 hours later and pay the few pence and a £1 admin fee!

Just thinking about those towards the end of a round where an item could not be delivered. Say its 2-3pm when town and rural deliveries end on a normal day. If your delivery office is lucky enough to still be open at 5.30pm for you to collect your item, you could still get it the same day if required.

But if its getting on towards 4-5pm for the last delivery, then there is little chance of getting that item the same day. I do know a lot of delivery offices close to the public at around 12.30pm :thumbsdow but some do still stay open late.

If I'm expecting a package it would be nice not to have to sit at home all day waiting for it only to have a card popped through the door when you pop out for 20 minutes at 3:00pm. If I knew they aren't coming until after 3:00pm and I have to/choose to go out then that's my problem, but knowing whether they are coming morning or afternoon would help.

Dave

Its unfortunate that many offices operate differently :thumbsdow If I were your postie there would be no problems :smashin:

My posties are great :smashin:, but I suspect they have little control over when they deliver the post.

Dave

Unfortunately we are told whether we can deliver or not by management in situations like this. If they tell us to go out and someone has a serious accident, well it hits the fan so to speak. The manager would get it in the neck from his manager etc.

But as I said and you even quoted it, mail was being delivered in most parts of the town, just not certain rounds. The snow and ice was no worse on my street then on streets that were being served.

In truth I think it is becaue my street is covered by a 'second shift' round so whenever there is a problem (staff shortage, weather etc) my round and others like it are the first to get cancelled.

In my particular example, an adjacent street served on a different round, did not get mail on two days. My street experiencing the same weather conditions was without mail for 8 days in total.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom