Question When do Denon Release New Models?

Mike_P15

Novice Member
I'm considering buying the AVR-X3500H, but I'm conscious it's been out for about 10 months.

I was wondering if anybody knows how often Denon release new models? If it's typically 12 months I might wait.

Thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
It depends which model, but most models are replaced annually apart from their flagship model which is replaced every 2 years.

The AVRX3500H will be replaced this year. I'd expect it to be announced sometime within the next 2 months? I'd also expect it to be called the AVRX3600H?

I'd not expect the replacement to differ that much to the model it replaces though. You may be better off buying the older model rather than paying a premium for its replacement?

Last edited:

Alcopoppa

Standard Member
For me it depends if the new models will have HDMI 2.1. If they do I would say with the wait, its certainly what I'm waiting to hear before buying

dante01

Distinguished Member
For me it depends if the new models will have HDMI 2.1. If they do I would say with the wait, its certainly what I'm waiting to hear before buying
It is very doubtful that you'll see any new AV receiver including HDMI version 2.1 this year. Yamaha have already indicated that they will not be introducing a new flagship model this year and are waiting at least another year before they replace their top model so that they can then include HDMI version 2.1. There's no reason to need or want it right now. Why would you require it? You'll have a long wait if awaiting an AV receiver with HDMI version 2.1. Next year will be the earliest that you can expect one to appear.

dante01

Distinguished Member
How disappointing! Mainly for VRR for me but other features also worth waiting for, e.g eARC
Most current receivers can implement eARC and VRR using HDMI version 2.0b. It is only the 8K resolution aspect of HDMI version 2.1 that really requires full blown HDMI version 2.1. It is this fact that makes it less of a priority for manufacturers to start using HDMI version 2.1 yet. It simply isn't needed for anything and the features most people are talking about can already be in most cases fascilitated via updating the firmware onboard receiver's with HDMI version 2.0b chipsets.

gibbsy

Has there even been a consensus of the implementation of 2.1 yet?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Has there even been a consensus of the implementation of 2.1 yet?
I think the spec is finalised, but the TV manufacturers would rather leave it alone until they actually have a reason to start including it. THey are quite happy to impliment eARC and VRR using HDMI version 2.0b and imply that there's no real need for HDMI version 2.1 until there are actual 8K external sources.

gibbsy

I think the spec is finalised, but the TV manufacturers would rather leave it alone until they actually have a reason to start including it. THey are quite happy to impliment eARC and VRR using HDMI version 2.0b and imply that there's no real need for HDMI version 2.1 until there are actual 8K external sources.
8K, HDMI 2.1. I've only just bought a 4K TV. I'm like the Williams F1 team, back of the grid again.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

The new higher tier OLED and LED LG models for this year have already implemented HDMI 2.1 so wont be long till the rest of the AV manufactures follow suite.

LG 49SM8600PLA

LG OLED55C9PLA

LG OLED55E9PLA

Update: LG has confirmed that all HDMI ports in the 2019 OLED models are full 48 Gb/s HDMI 2.1 ports capable of supporting 4K120 with HDR inputs. Some features will be added through a firmware update after launch.

LG confirms full HDMI 2.1 support in 2019 TVs

Last edited by a moderator:

gibbsy

Everything I've read or seen on the Tube has suggested that 8K will need at least 77 inches to show any significant improvement over detail quality and most of the manufacturers are muting models of around 82 to 98 inches. They will cost £10,000, however I remember going into a House of Frazier store in Cardiff in the late 1990s and seeing my first flat screen plasma with a price tag of £10,000.

Mike_P15

Novice Member
Definition of an intellectual - somebody who can listen to the William Tell overture without thinking of the lone ranger.
Presumably the same applies to Dvorak's New World Symphony & Hovis.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom