When did u get your PTAE100???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Apr 9, 2002.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Lads, I was wondering if all you PTAE100 owners could tell me when you ordered your panny's and when you actually received them. I don't mean the people who bought from a dealer who actually had one in stock, but those of you who had to wait for the dealer to order new stock from Panasonic.

The reason I ask is that I ordered one on the sixth of February and have been told by Panasonic Ireland/UK every time I contact them that, "due to huge demand.....massive backlog of orders....blah,blah,blah."

In the last couple of weeks, I've seen people post questions about the new Panny, then post that they've just decided to order one, post that they were told they would have to wait weeks, post a week or two later that they just got it. I'm sitting here going,"em hello.......looks like I'm still stuck behind the backlog while people overtake on the hard shoulder.....whats goin on here??" It seems that Panasonic Ireland/UK are prioritising Uk orders over Irish ones irrespective of date ordered.

I'm not whining about you feckers :D :D getting your projectors first, fair play to all ye lucky sods:D but it does seem a touch discriminatory on Panasonics part. I just want to confront them with some examples of Uk panny dealers seeming to get preferential treatment over Irish ones the next time they say my order is stuck behind a backlog, a backlog which didn't seem to stop X number of people in the UK ordering a month after me and receiving a month before me.

Cheers m8e's

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine on Feb 5th from AVLand, when I ordered they didn't have them in stock but were expecting a delivery in the middle/end of febuary. I can't remember the exact date I took delivery but I am pretty sure it was about 3 weeks after I placed the order.

4:25 *sigh* wish I could sleep :(

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    I think I waited about 3 days at the end of January :)
    Why dont you cancel your order Keith, then phone Sound and Vision for a quote, or pay a little more and buy from the Media factory and get a dead pixel check for an extra £25.

4. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I ordered mine from AVLand on Feb 5th, received it on Feb 14th. Needless to say, I didn't do much in the way of romantic stuff on Feb 14th :D :D

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    ordered mine in feb from joe at the media factory got it the first week in March

6. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    *bump*

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Keith,

Just in from the pub:D :D :D

That's one advantage we have over our UK counterparts, releaxed licencing laws:D

I'm over in Oxfordshire end of May/early June, so if any of the forum members want me around to "evaluate" their setups (offer me drink), I'd be more than pleased to accomodate!!!

Seriously Keith, I ordered from Hificomponents.de, & had delivery about 2 weeks later.

As you know, I have a problem with an open blue pixel, & today received the following reply from same:

"My college gave me the information that you do not have to send us the item
    back.
    Please go to a authorized service center. The manufacturer has a European wide
    warranty which is valid 24 month.
    You only have to show your original invoice.

Best regards

*********."

I'll let you know how I get on, but I think you really need to recoupe your deposit from Meritec, & order elsewhere.

This is seriously not on. 'twas my birthday on 06th Feb, & that very day I rec'd a call from Meritec regarding the PJ I had enquired about. Rachel said she should have it in about 2 weeks!!!

What total & utter bulls*it!

If you're in the Limerick direction in the near future, you're more than welcome to call in to see me & the PJ, but I know this is of little help to you.

BTW, I got your e-mail, with the mails you sent Panasonic. Very well worded, but alas no reply

:mad:

Looks like I'll be in the same boat re a replacement unit, but , luckily, I've got friends in the business, so hopefully I'll have more success.

Chat soon!

8. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Hi Kramer. I'm an Oxfordshire chap...if you wanna check out my system while you're in the neighbourhood, feel free to drop me a mail. Always keen to show off the toys :D

9. CSGardner

CSGardner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A new batch has just arrived in the UK - I just got a call from The Media Factory, and there is one there with my name on it. I put my order on one at the beginning of March.
    (Just the pixel check, the money to hit their bank, and the shipping to wait for ...)

Can't wait.
    Chas

10. Muzza

Muzza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, AV-Sales recieved their shipment of ae100's in yesterday (09APR02) which has cleared their back order.

Occording to their website they all passed the quality test yet again with not one unit having dead pixels. :eek:

11. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

If this is the case, perhaps Panasonic have stepped up their quality control:eek:

I certainly hope so, given I'm one of the unlucky ones to receive a "faulty" unit (not from AV Sales).

I'll let everyone know how I get on with my attempt to have it replaced.

"I can succeed, I must succeed, I WILL SUCCEED!"

12. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine from Total Panasonic in Hull on 22 March and am still waiting. I checked with them today to see if any of the new batch had winged their way - but alas not. I am being patient with them due to the £1230 I was quoted (including delivery) - their website has it for £1240.

I also rang a few other dealers. AVland (I think - I did ring a lot of dealers)) are selling for the full £1500 and said anyone who sells under £1250 must be selling grey imports as this is less than cost price - they also added that they were not expecting a delivery (of the UK versions) until the end of May:eek:

13. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I'm still trying to find somebody who has a panny in stock, i must have tried thirty or more dealers in the last few days, I had read on this forum a while ago about somebody who had bought one from the panasonic shop in watford, i tried them and they were told by panasonic that they were getting their delivery tuesday or thursday, well thats now passed and no panny's. I know i could more than likely get another one from tottenham court road, but after two bad experiences up there, i don't think i will bother. I am trying really hard to be patient but its starting to get to me now. I find it really difficult to understand that as the panny was first manufactured in nov 2001 why oh why is it taking so long for a mainstream supply to arrive in the uk. when i first heard about the PT-AE100E I thought That the rest of the company's that manufacture projectors would lose out big time, but as time is going on and with all those panasonic wannabes out there with all that wonga burning a hole in there pocket surely this delay is going to encourage people to try something else. Although i'm fairly confident i will wait till i can get the panasonic however long that may take..........unless something better comes along that is.:D

All the best......Splice.

14. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Splice,

Just as a matter of interest, when did you order and receive your original unit and your second?

I'm pretty certain I was probably only the forth or fifth person to order from this forum back at the beginning of February maybe even before you and I've yet to receive my first never mind my third unit. This is a joke:mad:

15. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Calibos,

I may of mislead you, (didn' read your opening post properly.)I actually bought my first machine from a shop in tottenham court road, and then a few weeks later i had to have it replaced, although i had lots and lots of hastle doing so. Then the second machine developed faults and i returned that to Panasonic directly, this was because of the agro at the dealer. i'm sorry my post was probably not appropiate for this thread, as i bought mine from a dealer, and i dont have one on order as i am to unsure who is going to get them first and at what price.
    I wish you all the best with your order and i hope they hurry up and resolve this ridiculous situation before they turn all these potential customers into customers of the opposition, imo they have already lost at least £25k in business because of this delay in presenting the goods. I am one person who would happily throw (upto) £1500 to get a good/working/reliable one of these projectors, however i cant say in all honesty that if, a better deal turns up i wont take it.......cos I would.

All the best...... Splice ;)

16. Andrew Collie

Andrew Collie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kramer

I was surprised to hear that you know of a person who purchased an AE100 projector from us with faulty pixels as we have not received a phone call or correspondance from any of our clients concerning this. As you may be aware we have a pixel policy on this product that states that all AE100s are checked for dead pixels (either open or closed) prior to despatch. The method we use for this is by running a separate red, green, blue, white and black signal through the projector which helps to identify any pixels (whatever the colour) which may be faulty. If for some reason a client had received a unit with this problem we would have replaced it following notification. As no one has been in contact perhaps you could ask the person with the unit to contact the Sales Director, Andrew Collie, on 01892 535007 so we can deal with this matter.

I would also like to reiterate that all the projectors we received in our latest batch were free from dead pixels which is hopefully a reflection on the quality of the projector rather than our good luck.

Regards

Andrew Collie
    av-sales.com

17. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    Andrew Collie

Welcome to the forum, its good to see dealers here that show an interest in customer satisfaction :)
    Out of interest, if you had an AE100 with a dead pixel what would happen to this projector?

18. Andrew Collie

Andrew Collie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tim

You may be aware that each of the manufacturers have their own criteria as to what they consider is acceptable in terms of dead pixels and their position on the screen. We have tried unsuccessfully to get them to pass comment on this forum and our own bulletin board. There are certain circumstances where we, as resellers, would be able to return the projector to manufacturers for replacement however this leaves us with those that fall outside their returns criteria.

If over a period of time we found we were building up a stock of projectors that Panasonic would not replace we would be left with two options.

a)Sell these to clients who are happy to purchase units at a discounted rate on the basis they are informed as to the number and position of faulty pixels. We would probably agree the amount on an individual basis.

b)Decide whether selling a particular unit remains commercially viable.

Rest assured we regularly pass your comments back to manufacturers and encourage them to visit this forum. One dead pixel is one dead pixel too many as far as we too, are concerned.

Hope this goes some way to answer your question

Regards

Andy Collie

19. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Glad to see a known name distirbutor here. Welcome. But more pleasing to hear your coments too. Just nice to know that we are heard.:)

20. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    Andrew

Thanks for your comments, very interesting.

21. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andrew,

I've just re-read my post, & offer my apologies for it's format. I should not have made such a sweeping statement regarding your company. I hope you accept this.

I was contacted by a forum member (PM), asking for my opinion on a problem. Having an "open" pixel myself, he/she felt I could describe the problem. This I did, & that member confirmed it matched closely my description - an open green pixel. He/she also mentioned other faulty pixels that were not in doubt. Here's a quote from him/her:

"Sorry to keep on about this but it's so frustrating - mine even had a pixel check from AV-Sales before they sent it so that's why I'm annoyed I think..."

I was told that the PJ was bought from you & had passed the pixel check.

I am not 100% positive, but from the content of the communication I believe that the purchaser hasn't contacted you re this problem. Was just trying to confirm that there was a problem.

In fairness to you, my PJ usually starts off with the pixel "dead" & as such is very hard to spot. Indeed, if the bloody thing stayed like this I wouldn't be concerned - it's unnoticeable from over 6ft away. However, when it gets "stuck open" it's unacceptable:mad:

It was unfair to comment on your company like this. I have had no dealings with you, have heard no complaints about yourselves & have no reason to doubt your word regarding the failure rate (0%) of the last batch of AE-100s you shipped. You can see however, from my own experience, the results of the poll & a similiar poll over at avsforums, why I issued such an opinion.

I would be only too happy if the failure rate were 0%, & Panasonic clearly stated what the policy regarding dead or open pixels is.

It is obviously impossible for you to rectify a customers problem if you have not been made aware one exists!

I have now edited the post, sent the person involved a PM with your post & suggested they contact you.

You deserve great praise for the manner in which you replied to my post. The utmost courtesy & an attempt to rectify any problems. I have a friend over for the weekend who I know will buy this PJ when he sees what he can have, & I will recommend he consider you for the purchase;)

Keep us posted re any comments from Panasonic. As Tim has said, this is very interesting & of great benefit to us consumers as well as retailers like you.

BTW, welcome to the forum!