When Did Panasonic DVD Recorders Remove The Playlists Feature Please?

Slimbobby

Novice Member
Hi there,
If anyone would be kind enough to shed some much needed light on this it would be so much appreciated.
I have a DMR-EX88 machine that is still going strong and never given me any problems since 2008. This model allows you to edit what you record by creating and deleting chapters and then you can also create playlists which is really handy.

Please could you tell me what year did Panasonic remove the "playlist" feature from their DVD recorders?

I am thinking ahead you see in terms of when my DMR-EX88 kicks the dust so I can buy the most recent Panasonic DVD recorder that has similar features including the ability to create and manage "Playlists".

For example I see the "Playlist" feature is missing from their most recent models:
Panasonic DMREX97EB (Black)DVD Recorder HDD 500GB Freeview
Panasonic DMRBWT850EB (Black) Smart 3D Blu-ray/DVD Recorder Freeview Play Recorder 1TB HDD

Thanks so much everyone.
Bob.

Gavtech

Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

The '9' series machines still had the feature. i.e:

EX-769
EX-79
EX-89

and the following '3' series also still had the feature:

EX-773
EX-83

When Panasonic introduced the Bluray machines in 2011 ( BWT700, BWT800) they dropped the ability to CREATE playlists, albeit these machines could still play playlists created on earlier machines.

I think later machines dropped the facility altogether.

Last edited:

Slimbobby

Novice Member
Dear Gavtech,
I can't thank you enough for that incredibly helpful reply!! You have saved me so much time! I have been trying to find out looking myself and reading online manuals to see if the "playlist" feature was still included. The hardest part was finding out the actual model numbers released by Panasonic for each year since I bought mine (DMR-EX88) in 2008.

You have already been such a help so I totally understand if you don't have time to get back to me again about the below and thank you so much again for your assistance.

My other question is do you know of a resource that lists all the Panasonic DVD recorder models released each year since 2008 to the present day again I can't find this info online which is almost certainly down to my search ability.

Thanks a million, made up!

Bob.

Gavtech

Administrator
It so happens I posted that information fairly recently.

You will find that information here.

(Note - The EX-773 is excluded from the list there as it did not have the Component output that the member required.)

That list does not include the production history that followed of the Twin HD Tuner/Bluray machines but it is probably possible to glean the information of their history from this sticky thread.

Slimbobby

Novice Member
It so happens I posted that information fairly recently.

You will find that information here.

(Note - The EX-773 is excluded from the list there as it did not have the Component output that the member required.)

That list does not include the production history that followed of the Twin HD Tuner/Bluray machines but it is probably possible to glean the information of their history from this sticky thread.

Gavtech you are like the Panasonic DVD Recorder Oracle and an extremely helpful one at that! Thank you so much for your reply and your very helpful links as well!
All my very best wishes.
Bob.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom