When can other resellers sell the iPad ?

internetuser

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Since I am tight, and go on holiday next week, my funds have been going towards euros and not the iPad fun.

Once I get back, my money will be going towards one of these, unless it all goes on a iPhone 4....

My question is, when will other retailers be able to sell them, so I can either use a voucher code, or get cash back from quidco.. or hopefully a good saving in costco or club card points in tesco.... as I know apple products never get naturally discounted.

10% of a 32gig one is a good £50 off which makes it easier to take if I can convince myself I have saved money buying one...

Presumably you mean other than places like PC World and KRCS which had iPads from day one? I am not sure I have seen Apple products in places like Costco before, in which case I wouldn't expect iPads to appear there.

On release i read pc world & currys had a 60 exclusivity period, after that other could start selling, eg. Tesco.
I make that the end of July.

I'm too waiting on Tesco selling the iPad, for the points TBH. (We use them alot, had 2 weekends in London already this year)

Costco do sell iPods, tho not seen iPhones.

I bet its bugging amazon UK that they haven't got them yet.

60 days from release date was the deal

Presumably you mean other than places like PC World and KRCS which had iPads from day one? I am not sure I have seen Apple products in places like Costco before, in which case I wouldn't expect iPads to appear there.

Costco definatly sell mac stuff.

I meant other apple resellers like comet, john lewis, argos even tesco.

I would imagine the iPad will be sold like the ipod touch and available in all retailers as its not tied to a exclusive contract

I was wondering this too. End of July is ace, just in time for my staff discount to bump up to 15% :clap: 16GB 3G iPad, £534.65! I'll wait for that sorta discount, as long as I have it before I head to Africa in August I'll be happy (14 hours travel time each way plus umpteen internal flights, if I don't have something with me to keep me occupied I WILL go insane!).

Last edited:
I bet its bugging amazon UK that they haven't got them yet.

Currys paid rather a lot of money (reportedly £7m) to get them for 60 days.
We'll be getting them end July (John Lewis).
I can imagine DSGI are happy though, as they've paid all that money and they can't get hold of them as there is a major shortage of units.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom