• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

When can other resellers sell the iPad ?

internetuser

Since I am tight, and go on holiday next week, my funds have been going towards euros and not the iPad fun.

Once I get back, my money will be going towards one of these, unless it all goes on a iPhone 4....

My question is, when will other retailers be able to sell them, so I can either use a voucher code, or get cash back from quidco.. or hopefully a good saving in costco or club card points in tesco.... as I know apple products never get naturally discounted.

10% of a 32gig one is a good £50 off which makes it easier to take if I can convince myself I have saved money buying one...

ManicRobot

Presumably you mean other than places like PC World and KRCS which had iPads from day one? I am not sure I have seen Apple products in places like Costco before, in which case I wouldn't expect iPads to appear there.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
On release i read pc world & currys had a 60 exclusivity period, after that other could start selling, eg. Tesco.
I make that the end of July.

I'm too waiting on Tesco selling the iPad, for the points TBH. (We use them alot, had 2 weekends in London already this year)

Costco do sell iPods, tho not seen iPhones.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I bet its bugging amazon UK that they haven't got them yet.

internetuser

Presumably you mean other than places like PC World and KRCS which had iPads from day one? I am not sure I have seen Apple products in places like Costco before, in which case I wouldn't expect iPads to appear there.

Costco definatly sell mac stuff.

I meant other apple resellers like comet, john lewis, argos even tesco.

I would imagine the iPad will be sold like the ipod touch and available in all retailers as its not tied to a exclusive contract

McPhee

I was wondering this too. End of July is ace, just in time for my staff discount to bump up to 15% :clap: 16GB 3G iPad, £534.65! I'll wait for that sorta discount, as long as I have it before I head to Africa in August I'll be happy (14 hours travel time each way plus umpteen internal flights, if I don't have something with me to keep me occupied I WILL go insane!).

Last edited:

andymckay2001

I bet its bugging amazon UK that they haven't got them yet.

Currys paid rather a lot of money (reportedly £7m) to get them for 60 days.
We'll be getting them end July (John Lewis).
I can imagine DSGI are happy though, as they've paid all that money and they can't get hold of them as there is a major shortage of units.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom