When are new Pioneer and Panny panels due out

pwood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
When is the replacement for the Pioneer PDP-435 range due out and does anyone have any insider info on the black level response as thats what stopped me going for the current model.

Also any more concrete info on when the new Panny HD panels are due out and what connections do you think they will come with as standard.

pwood

Pioneer 06XDE PlasmaTV - Sept/Oct I'm told and yes expect improved Black Levels over 05XDE (but no Free Flights :)).

Panasonic 8 Series Displays - grab all the info you can on the 7 Series and simply insert an 8 whenever you read a 7.

The configuration of expansion slots and optional Input boards will pretty much mirror what's already available on the 7 Series (with the addition of 720P(50) and 1080i(50) via HDMI/DVI).

As Standard the Displays have a VGA Input plus Two or Three expansion slots - you or your Dealer order/populate them as required.

The 8 Series Displays launch in late August!

Best regards

Joe

pwood said:
When is the replacement for the Pioneer PDP-435 range due out and does anyone have any insider info on the black level response as thats what stopped me going for the current model.

Also any more concrete info on when the new Panny HD panels are due out and what connections do you think they will come with as standard.

why do people always go on about the blacks with the Pioneer :mad: have you seen one set up correctly :confused: I have had mine for about a month now and the quality is spot on.

It's all to do with the quality of the input :lesson:

Yes. I was at the Edinburgh Av show last year and saw several including 1 which had been ISF calibrated and was using a scaler. Star Wars was the movie of choice in most demos and the space bits were greyish IMHO. Hence I wondered if new range would be better in this respect. The Pioneer does however resolve low light detail very well. PQ was very good its just that Gordon and Joe Fernand's demo looked a lot better than anyone else, using a scaler and a Panny PHW7 especially as none of it was high defintion sourced as far as I know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom