When’s the next round of 8k / 4k/120hz AVRs likely out?

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Can anyone clarify when the latest range of AVRs will be released? I’ll need one with 4k 120hz fully compatible, and due to my house sale including my current AVR seems ill get to introduce a new one into my next purchase.
As I’ve got time, wondered how long I’d have to wait to until the latest and greatest (hoping the issues learned from the original hdmi issues have been more than overcome) will be released, I can’t seem to work out any AVR release cycle..

Thanks!

JDGL

Standard Member
Last time I asked a similar question, it was told normally it would be around now but this year it was likely to be Autumn, manufacture & supply issues have been a problem for a little while.

Last edited:

Barney Gumble

Hi all,

Can anyone clarify when the latest range of AVRs will be released? I’ll need one with 4k 120hz fully compatible, and due to my house sale including my current AVR seems ill get to introduce a new one into my next purchase.
As I’ve got time, wondered how long I’d have to wait to until the latest and greatest (hoping the issues learned from the original hdmi issues have been more than overcome) will be released, I can’t seem to work out any AVR release cycle..

Thanks!

Onkyo and Pioneer should start to become available from June.

I am hoping to get hold of the incoming TX-RZ50 as it isn't reliant on the same HDMI board associated with the current issues and has three 40Gps HDMI 2.1 inputs, not just one, which the current bunch of receivers are all limited to.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom