Wheels wheels wheels.

Anybody know anything about the Drive Hub?

All my Fanatec stuff is for the PS4. Now I’m picking up an Xbox as well I’d need an Xbox wheel but somebody mentioned getting a Drive Hub.

Looking at it, it seems to do what’s needed and at around £90, is much cheaper than another wheel.
Never personally used it but heard it works well

All my Fanatec stuff is for the PS4. Now I’m picking up an Xbox as well I’d need an Xbox wheel but somebody mentioned getting a Drive Hub.

Looking at it, it seems to do what’s needed and at around £90, is much cheaper than another wheel.
I believe all you need is an Xbox compatible wheel on the same wheelbase. On Fanatec PS4 compatability is from the wheelbase, xbox compatability is from the attached wheel

I believe all you need is an Xbox compatible wheel on the same wheelbase. On Fanatec PS4 compatability is from the wheelbase, xbox compatability is from the attached wheel
Yeah, from the website

Never personally used it but heard it works well
I had a look a couple of years ago and the reviews seemed generally positive, I think the main concern was the device being blocked at some point as it’s similar technology to what they use to get mouse and keyboard working in console multiplayer games.

What stopped me in the end was PC just seemed the way to go to get more choice of “sims” in general.

Yep.... I even said it in my post 😬

Thing is, those device is £90 but a wheel is going to be £150+

I had a look a couple of years ago and the reviews seemed generally positive, I think the main concern was the device being blocked at some point as it’s similar technology to what they use to get mouse and keyboard working in console multiplayer games.
I might just wait to confirm it will work on the Series S and go from there.

It’s not so much that I want more choice, but if I’ve got other driving games on the Xbox the. Why not have a wheel available too. I could never be bothered with a PC setup as well 😊

I've been using an adaptor to use my Fanatec pedals with my Thrustmaster wheel, and it's never let me down. I know it's not the same thing exactly, but it shows adaptors can work flawlessly.

Yeah I’ve got one, works perfect. I’ve got a Fanatec wheel and it works on PS4 pro and Xbox one x.
Had my wheel since ps3 and Xbox 360 days.

Think I'm going to wait to confirm it will work on the new consoles and then pick one up.

Keep an eye on drive hub forums.
i got mine off eBay for £60, they were always coming up on there.

Looks like the drive hub is working on series x and partially on ps5 with the latest beta fw.

That would be fine for me as my base was for the PlayStation which I’m sure is working fine on the PS5 so would only need the DriveHub for Xbox.

Not seen this thread until now and just seen your post. Yes i have the Drivehub and it works flawlessly. I'm Xbox primarily and have the G920 but wanted to use it with my PS4 for GT Sport and looked into it a lot before purchasing. It's as good as the reports suggest. Never had even the slightest issue with it. I'd always reccommend it to people with wheels and two consoles. It's very small and works a charm.

I'm just looking to see feedback for anyone who's tried it with PS5. Will check out GT planet or something as bound to be people on there. I assume it will work as it does now as you just plug the controller into it and the system reads the code from that effectively so don't see why that would've changed.

EDIT: Just to add, if you do buy one try the code GTplanet10 i think it was which gave me 10% off. Or search their site if not.

Added that code to the cart and it works so thanks for that....but still not bought it yet :D

I can't decide if I really want it or not. PS5 is my main console and GT is my main wheel racing game. Only stuff I have on the Xbox is FH4 or Forza7. FH4 is fine on a controller, it's just that type of game and I rarely play Forza when I've got GT available.

I can't decide if I'll just be wasting my money on the Drivehub.

Bargain if you look at what the v1 version has been selling for, but a wheel is a wheel, I'd save up and get a direct drive wheel, you'd defo notice a difference to your current setup
I'm guessing I'd need the Podium F1 for it to be compatible with the PS?

I'm guessing I'd need the Podium F1 for it to be compatible with the PS?
Yeah probably, i have a podium DD1 with the formula v2 wheel and the difference from the csl elite is pretty stark, well worth the upgrade, where as putting a new wheel on won't make your wheel base feel much different.

Yeah probably, i have a podium DD1 with the formula v2 wheel and the difference from the csl elite is pretty stark, well worth the upgrade, where as putting a new wheel on won't make your wheel base feel much different.
Did you sell your CSL setup?
If so do you mind me asking what it went for? - just so I can do some 'man maths' :)

Did you sell your CSL setup?
If so do you mind me asking what it went for? - just so I can do some 'man maths' :)
I sold it to my brother for mates rates so not a fair comparison, if you have the csl base, wheel and csl pedals I reckon you'd get at least £450 for them

I sold it to my brother for mates rates so not a fair comparison, if you have the csl base, wheel and csl pedals I reckon you'd get at least £450 for them
Thanks, I assume if I wanted to I could retain the CSL Pedals to use with the Podium?
They look like they are compatible on the Fanatec site...

Yeah they would plug into the podium wheelbase no problem, I upgraded to some v3 pedals with the brake performance kit and damper kit
Thanks, I assume if I wanted to I could retain the CSL Pedals to use with the Podium?
They look like they are compatible on the Fanatec site...

Not seen this thread until now and just seen your post. Yes i have the Drivehub and it works flawlessly. I'm Xbox primarily and have the G920 but wanted to use it with my PS4 for GT Sport and looked into it a lot before purchasing. It's as good as the reports suggest. Never had even the slightest issue with it. I'd always reccommend it to people with wheels and two consoles. It's very small and works a charm.

I'm just looking to see feedback for anyone who's tried it with PS5. Will check out GT planet or something as bound to be people on there. I assume it will work as it does now as you just plug the controller into it and the system reads the code from that effectively so don't see why that would've changed.

EDIT: Just to add, if you do buy one try the code GTplanet10 i think it was which gave me 10% off. Or search their site if not.
Sorry to bring up an old post but only just revisited this thread after a long time!! I bought the drive hub a couple of years ago and couldn’t get the wheel to work on Xbox. How have you got yours set up? The wheel is recognised but when I tried forza and something else (can’t remember what game now) the cars would go more than 10-15 mph and the steering was crap! The wheel did (and still does) work fine when playing on the PS4.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom