• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wheels stolen from 'Meals on Wheels' vans

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Wolverhampton Meals on Wheels vans targeted by thieves

"Heartless" thieves have stolen the wheels from vans used by Wolverhampton City Council's Meals on Wheels service.

The wheels were stolen on Thursday night from five vans parked in a compound in Stowheath Lane, Bilston.

The council said that despite the thefts it was able to deliver 230 meals across the city as usual.

West Midlands Police will be reviewing CCTV footage from the scene, and security at the compound will be stepped up, a spokeswoman said.

'Heartless actions'
Tina Lauchlan, from the council, said: "In total, five vans were attacked, with all four wheels being removed from four of them and two wheels taken from the other.

"One of the vans also had its windscreen smashed."

She said Meals on Wheels will continue to use other vehicles, including ones which would ordinarily have been used to deliver food to local schools, until the damage is repaired.

Councillor Steve Evans said: "These heartless actions could have caused major disruptions to our Meals on Wheels service, potentially leading to some older or vulnerable people being unable to receive their hot meals."
I can't be the only one thinking this is a late April fools? :D

Wait, I mean what an awful thing! Bastards!

BName

Banned
Meals off wheels.

flightphoto

Bit harsh to be honest, the thieves obviously have no morals as they don't know what this service is for, I can understand if they took the wheels from a mobile speed camera van but taking it from a service for the elderly is a bit tongue in cheek. It must be some chavs or perhaps an ex employee etc

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom